Throw down in Allentown!

All the regionals are averaged together, not just Allentown. (not sure if Minneapolis is included though)

No matter if Minnesapolis is used or not, the Blue Devils are marching last on Thursday night ... the question is, will The Cadets or the Cavies march 2nd from last ...

If you include Minnesapolis scores, then Cavies ... if you exclude, The Cadets

See... and you had to take it there.

No Tums for you in Indy.

You sound like the Tums Nazi!

I'm probably late, but I just noticed that BD's whiteboy shuffle (props to whomever first called it that) during SaLP is gone.

Thank goodness. That mess was worth at least a 2 point deduction.

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2

Random Allentown related question that has always confused me, so are the scores from both nights used to determine the order for quarterfinals? If so didn't the corps tonight have an advantage with the extra day of rehearsal? Just nit picking haha, i dont know how it works (and I marched the Allentown many many times lol)

Yes, I would say the Corps tonite would have a bit of an edge over last night's Corps due to the extra day of practice available to them. But life's not always fair, so it is what it is, and thats that.

A bigger advantage ( or disadvantage ) will be the luck of the drawed judging panel for Corps on Finals Night. Its not just about the performance level on Finals Night that will determine these Corps chances. It is also the luck of the draw for the judging panel. Some Corps will get a good draw that night, some won't. There are judges predisposed to like a Corps show, and those that are predisposed to not like it as much. Thats just human nature, and there is nothing really unusual nor something that has evil designs about it. But I'd pay lots of attention to what the judging panel will be for these Corps when it is finally announced to get an idea if they'll be a bit of an edge going in, or a bit of a disadvantage going in for these Corps that we follow.

Edited by BRASSO

You sound like the Tums Nazi!

NO TUMS FOR YOU! EVER! OUT OF MY STADIUM! :tongue:

And the Seinfeld references continue on here

I'm probably late, but I just noticed that BD's whiteboy shuffle (props to whomever first called it that) during SaLP is gone.

That's hilarious.

If only they'd back that stupid house up about 15 yards in the closing sets.

• Like 1

That might just be the best description ever for a visual.... At least it wasn't called the Truffle Shuffle. :tongue:

Can't wait to see the videos!

• Like 1

That's hilarious.

If only they'd back that stupid house up about 15 yards in the closing sets.

It has to there...because at finals when they bring in one of the buses in front of the pit and move it as the crowd yells "Dave Gibbs....move that bus!"

($1 to Jeff Ream)

• Like 1

Regarding who will start us off next Saturday: Spirit of Atlanta a solid 12th with no one really close from my prospective. I just love their show. It has solid demand, great execution, and is truly unique to them and not cookie cutter as so many corps 10-17 tend to be. Troop good but a bit bland and safe. Academy should be ahead of Glassmen with a better show with some good appeal and very decent execution. Glassmen just didn't work this out during the winter and the brass sound is probably one of weakest of world class. Crossmen should be smoking Colts. This was not close this weekend. Colts have a good guard this year....but music captions are really suffering. Some good show ideas though. Crossmen may be playing the safe show card, but the execute and entertain much better than Colts. As others have stated, this range of corps gets better every year.