Open Class Live Review and score posting?

Raiders did great. Wind is playing havoc on the guard. Soloistt dropped her flag at a time with lots of focus on her.

I'm just a mom. First year drum corps experience. I don't know a whole lot. Just giving personal opinions.

Legends have a huge fan base here!

...JUST a mom! :worthy:

cg

You're doing a great job MalletMom!!!!

Agreed. With all the threads populated by "educated" people, it's nice to see the observations of a regular person, free of the baggage of bias and self- annointed "expertise".

Just tell us what you think and that'll be great!

Garry in Vegas

Yokohama Scouts have all female pit. They are good! Their show was good. Loved the cymbal line. Guard has very pretty flags and pretty purple (I think) jumpers with gold accents. Neighbors thought the guard was very elegant. They played some familiar music, but I don't know the song names.

Music city was loud!!! Crowd pleasing and some lady near me really screamed loud!!!! Must have been a proud mom. They got a standing O, but pretty much everyone has had buts outta seats tonite. I don't like the simulated tap dancing for a guard soloist. Love the familiar music tho, and I think that's why it connects with the crowd.

The lady next to me said, "how would you like to go on after them. " and another man said "the next kids must be thinking "why doesn't my horn sound like that?" I just said that numbers don't mean that their winners. You gotta have much more than a full corps to win!

7th Regiment was clean, crisp and had great percusion. They had a guard soloist that had a simulated tap sequence too. HATED IT! Some of the guard stays hidden and then reveals themselves during what feels like a "sensual" or sexy point in the music. Is that silly for that part of the music to make me feel that way? LOL

Second INT now. 30minutes then the BIG DOGS!

SCVC pulled in a few minutes ago.. off and warming up. I'm In the stadium , row 20, side 1, 45 yrd line. A little windy in here, hope the guards will be all right.

Hi Mannie!

Go SCVC and go Nicholas!!!!

- Viola

Edited by LoveThemHorns

The lady next to me said, "how would you like to go on after them. " and another man said "the next kids must be thinking "why doesn't my horn sound like that?" I just said that numbers don't mean that their winners. You gotta have much more than a full corps to win!

Oregon Crusaders 2005 is a great example of this. Sure, we had almost a full corps, and a loud as hell brass section for sure. But the show wasn't executed at a high enough level to place very high. I think we were 8th or 9th?

Numbers don't win it, but it can sure help :rolleyes:

Oregon Crusaders 2005 is a great example of this. Sure, we had almost a full corps, and a loud as hell brass section for sure. But the show wasn't executed at a high enough level to place very high. I think we were 8th or 9th?

Numbers don't win it, but it can sure help :rolleyes:

Dude, you don't understand my obsession with OC 05. I LOVE THAT SHOW.

• Like 1