Santa Clara Vanguard - GE Music and Brass Scores

If it is important for you to tell yourself that, go right ahead.

Since you failed to answer the important question I raised and felt it more important to do some ego stroking, how do you make the SCV situation better in present day DCI? It ain't 1986 anymore.

Bandoo,

No ego stroke here. My last year was 73. My solution is the same as in any business. People who dont meet their performance expectations are removed and replaced. Its time for the SCV organization to raise its expectations and take appropriate action.

Edited by oldskl3rings

Bandoo,

No ego stroke here. My last year was 73. My solution is the same as in any business. People who don't meet their performance expectations are removed and replaced. . It's time for the SCV organization to raise its expectations and take appropriate action.

1. It's badoo. C'mon.

2. You are still speaking in vague, indirect statements. Do you just not know what can be done? If so, that's cool.

• Like 2

Read my post on page 4. Oh & I'd put money on the fact you never marched DC.

Well, you would lose that bet. Got any more ham handed ways of trying to invalidate my statements? That one always cracks me up tongue.gif.

I did read your page 4 stuff. It involves buzzwords like "attitude" and "building". If you just added "proactive" and "synergy", it would be like the weekly management meetings I have to sit through every Monday at work. Not any helpful substance there.

On a positive note, I LOVE SCV's show this year. Good for them taking a chance and doing something different!!!! Unlike the way some people I'm arguing with think, there are more important things than winning.

Edited by badoo
  • Like 3

Well, you would lose that bet. Got any more ham handed ways of trying to invalidate my statements? That one always cracks me up tongue.gif.

I did read your page 4 stuff. It involves buzzwords like "attitude" and "building". If you just added "proactive" and "synergy", it would be like the weekly management meetings I have to sit through every Monday at work. Not any helpful substance there.

On a positive note, I LOVE SCV's show this year. Good for them taking a chance and doing something different!!!! Unlike the way some people I'm arguing with think, there are more important things than winning.

I hope SCV doesn't change a single thing about their programming. Really.

• Like 6

does anyone know where they placed in percussion?

4th overall. 5th and 3rd in the subcations.

I was not at finals this year (kids are too young. travel would be a beating). My parents went though. They have been most years since I started marching in 1988, so they have plenty of perspective in terms of years. They've missed maybe 4 in the last 25 years. I talked to them after they got back to their hotel last night. The very first comment thay had was that they "couldn't really hear SCV's music". They were sitting on the negative 30 yard line so that explains some of it, but they followed up by saying they could hear everyone else OK. SCV just didn't project.

The weakness is quite obvious. And its relatively accepted that they are young. That explains what I heard in June from them, but that doesn't explain why it didn't really get much better in August.

I went to the first show of the season in 1993. TONS of us aged out in 1992 so that corps was super young too. The battery was nearly ALL rookies to SCV. One returning snare. One returning tenor. One bass drummer (maybe). No offense to the line but they were AWFUL at the beginning of the season. Well, they ended up winning field percussion at semi-finals and its difficult to be any prouder of a line's accomplishments from beginning to end of a season. That is what a good staff will do with newbies that have the talent to make an SCV line. It just didn't seem to get any better this year with the brass. The kids have not changed. The staff has.

The staff brass staff is very new so it would be a silly knee jerk to just cut them and start with a new staff, but next year is going to be very important if they want to keep their jobs. Two points make a line. Let's see where this line is pointing after next year.

We're watching.

I guess you can’t have winners without losers.