Semifinals Webcast chat

It's amazing that just a few weeks ago, myself and Plan9 (I think) were debating on whether or not Cadets would be able to clean this drill. I'm glad to see with my experience in marching there and with the staff's experience in teaching, I was right. Not trying to gloat or anything like that, just making the point that this is The Cadets and they're able to do what appears to be impossible.

Oddly enough, they have some staff members who were previously with BD last year if I'm not mistaken.

seriously... this is one of the strongest top 12s that i can remember

Agreed. From an entertainment standpoint, I can't think of a better one (top to bottom). And I have been a fan since 1984.

Are there things I don't like? (Goo, some electronics usage) Sure. But overall, 100% agreed.

Oddly enough, they have some staff members who were previously with BD last year if I'm not mistaken.

Yup and one of them I marched with in 2000.

I feel like I incidentally got tickets near the regiment block. Mostly everyone around and above me went nuts once phantom walked on. It's cool how Crown and Phantom really set the stage for the remaining three corps. Can't wait for tomorrow night. it's gonna be HUUUGEE.

IMO, online, Cavies felt like a letdown after Crown and Phantom

It's amazing that just a few weeks ago, myself and Plan9 (I think) were debating on whether or not Cadets would be able to clean this drill. I'm glad to see with my experience in marching there and with the staff's experience in teaching, I was right. Not trying to gloat or anything like that, just making the point that this is The Cadets and they're able to do what appears to be impossible.

You certainly wouldn't have received an argument from me on that topic. Given my experience competing against the Cadets I cannot imagine anyone doubting what that corps can accomplish over the last couple weeks of a season!

HOw do people feel about Madison's placement??

Of the top 17 Corps placement positions from the Quarters, none of the placement positions changed here in the Semi's. I didn't think that Madison deserved to be the only Corps to move up.... or down for that matter. The Blue Knights upped their performance a lot I thought tonight in the Semi's over the Quarters to increase their spread over Madison Scouts of 2 tenths in the quarters to about a point here in the Semi's. By the same token, I thought the Madison Scouts did well enough tonite in performance to stay ahead of the Blue Stars by a still comfortable 1.35 pt. margin.

How did you see it ?

Edited by BRASSO

Like locust......they're everywhere! :ph34r:

It's all part of the Gibbs plan for world domination. :tongue:

The Cadets- Took the show to another level tonight. Much better than Thursday night.

Blue Devils- They can't possibly perform any better than they did tonight. This was the best BD of the season.

Cavaliers- I thought they had BD until I saw BD. Green was great!

Crown- If James Brown was a drum corps, It would be crown! Fun and Exciting! What is it worth to OWN the crowd?

Phantom- Beautiful and Clean! Friday, If Juliet kills herself , Pandemonium!

Vanguard- Complex and Classy! This show has grown on me. I love it!

Bluecoats- This show has finally come together. The corps is performing it well. Finally.

Boston- I'm not a big fan of this show but It was performed better tonight than yesterday. Maybe one more viewing will change my mind?

Blue Knights- This show is so well put together from Beginning to end. The corps did a great job selling the show tonight.

Madison- New York State of Mind! Standing Ovation a minute before the show is over!

Blue Stars- They need more drum features! The show was well performed.

Spirit- They earned the 12th spot by being the best in that group of corps.

• Like 1

Of the top 17 Corps placement positions from the Quarters, none of the placement positions changed here in the Semi's. I didn't think that Madison deserved to be the only Corps to move up.... or down for that matter. The Blue Knights upped their performance a lot I thought tonight in the Semi's over the Quarters to increase their spread over Madison Scouts of 2 tenths in the quarters to about a point here in the Semi's. By the same token, I thought the Madison Scouts did well enough tonite in performance to stay ahead of the Blue Stars by a still comfortable 1.35 pt. margin.

How did you see it ?

See above.

I agree.

Does it make any sense to sit and hardly ever clap for EVERY corps, let alone look unamused when you're at finals? There were a few small groups of people around me who kept looking over every time I stood up or shouted something. It's pretty upsetting.