Congrats cadets

While I do think that the Cadets are going to win, I don't at all think it's some conspiracy. As others have said, the OP just sounds bitter.

It's funny, because a lot of people thought it was a conspiracy FOR Blue Devils to win. Ha. There's always a conspiracy one way or another.

• Like 1

Translation: "I'm bitter."

:rolleyes:

Translation: I take shots at people... :rolleyes:

LOL exactly what I was thinking.

Pile On... Very brave... :rolleyes:

While I do think that the Cadets are going to win, I don't at all think it's some conspiracy. As others have said, the OP just sounds bitter.

It's funny, because a lot of people thought it was a conspiracy FOR Blue Devils to win. Ha. There's always a conspiracy one way or another.

I do not think it is a conspiracy either... as much as I would like to see MY team win... there is no denying the greatness of the Cadets design this season.

Exactly what BD does

Tasty... :thumbdown:

• Like 2

Cadets clearly have a winner on their hands here. This show is on par with the 75 MAdison Scouts and 2008 Phantom show in terms of AWE factor.

I really am proud of George Hopkins for not mucking this show up with a bunch of unnecessary fluff, silly props, dancing bunnies and electronics/narration. He deserves to get this reward for withholding all of that garbage. I felt like the 2007 Cadets show could have had much the same AWE effect had he left all that garbage out.

So congrats George Hopkins and The Cadets on a wonderful season and Fantastic show.

• Like 1

I've really committed to not saying much on here anymore, but watching The Cadets after BD tonight for the first time, I truly understood the superior product The Cadets are putting on the field. I was with an auditorium full of students who had really visceral reactions to The Cadets' show.

Love BD, but The Cadets have the clear championship show, IMO. They still have some marching dirt, but given the demand, it's GREAT to see them getting rewarded. It's aggressive, beautiful, and virtually prop-free, and I really hope this sets the tone for future visual design trends.

The ballad wasn't working until the last couple of weeks, but now it is wonderful. Same with the closing drill.

Congrats to the Cadets and BD. Really my favorite top 2 in over a decade, no matter how they place on August 13th.

Well, I for one, am happy to see some input from Lance. I've missed his comments this summer. I (kind of) counted on his calm, unbiased infusion of common sense. Well, it's been such a great summer..... and I have fingers crossed that Cadets hold on to this one!

Well, I for one, am happy to see some input from Lance. I've missed his comments this summer. I (kind of) counted on his calm, unbiased infusion of common sense. Well, it's been such a great summer..... and I have fingers crossed that Cadets hold on to this one!

Yes I too miss Lances gentle pushes back toward centered thinking! :worthy:

I have to say, even though its not the order that I would put the corps in based on my personal preference, the top 5 seem to be slotted about where they should be. This is definitely a much improved Cadets product from the last few years. I haven't spent as much time keeping up with the lower slotted corps (other than checking out some drum videos and such), so I can't really speak on them, but despite my personal preference, I'm on board with the placements thus far. I'd love to see the Cavaliers pull out the Sanford tonight. I love their book, and that front ensemble is silly good.

Anyway, if it all plays out the way that it looks like it will, congrats to the Cadets. I certainly didn't think they'd pull it out from seeing them early in the year. Just goes to show you how much can change in a couple of months.

"Shut up and play"

Those words have new meaning this year.

Congrats to George Hopkins and The Cadets for showing us it CAN be done without all the fluff.

This I believe. :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

• Like 1

"Shut up and play"

Those words have new meaning this year.

Congrats to George Hopkins and The Cadets for showing us it CAN be done without all the fluff.

This I believe.... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

...in 4 parts with a door.