2011 DCI Finals Thread!

Next on the field is the Phantom Regiment from Rockford, Illinois. Their 2011 program is entitled "Juliet" and consists of:

East of Eden

Requiem

Requiem

A Time for Us (Love Theme from Romeo & Juliet)

Romeo & Juliet

Elsa's Procession to the Cathedral (from Lohengrin)

I may have missed it since I didn't know where to watch for it.

They actually did 2 vipers right after the "V", earlier in the season. I loved it! But, it seems to have gotten cut. Too bad. :smile:

kevingamin Kevin Gamin

Thoughts on @scvanguard at 2011 #DCI World Class Finals: You really sold that show tonight, and that's a hard show to sell.

who is this Mike Ferlazzo guy??? he's saying Vanguard's music is a tough sell. that's the mos ignorant thing i've ever heard. does he know anything about classical music. and IMO SCV has by far the best ballad on the field this year!

• Like 1

Santa Clara Vanguard in action:

14131389f83d2c270997ed7f997004b8.jpg

who is this Mike Ferlazzo guy??? he's saying Vanguard's music is a tough sell. that's the mos ignorant thing i've ever heard. does he know anything about classical music. and IMO SCV has by far the best ballad on the field this year!

The music IS a tough sell. Lots of discord and stabs which are hard to connect to emotionally. Vanguard DOES sell it, though.

Mike Ferlazzo is a Drum Corps World and DCI Field Pass correspondant, by the way.

• Like 1

showb4theshow Show B4 The Show

I love me some clean Vanguard beats! Along with the Vanguard yell! Great job SCV!

Y'know, the lone horn player during the ballad who is trapped by the guard, then dances with them, is pretty #### good and fun to watch. The horns have a great moment with the main statement of the ballad, too. Very uplifting, even in Hell.

That's a great moment - just noticed that for the first time in the theater on Thursday.

Yeah, Regiment! Upper trumpets nailed the Verdi Requiem statement.