Dear DCI

I personally don't mind the domes. I appreciated the air conditioning \

Awesome benefit. I love domes.

• Like 2

Would you have rather been at the Indiana State fair where 4 people were killed? Would you have liked to been in a different stadium and had the rain cancell the show due to standing water or slick field that would hurt the kids?

Well, if the terrible events at the Fairgrounds mean that DCI's finals should always be held in domes, they must mean that all outdoor events should always be held in domes.

• Like 2

Would you have rather been at the Indiana State fair where 4 people were killed? Would you have liked to been in a different stadium and had the rain cancell the show due to standing water or slick field that would hurt the kids?

you know how many people in the US die every year in accidents on the road?

Should DCI corps be driving around? Might not be safe...

• Like 5

Well, if the terrible events at the Fairgrounds mean that DCI's finals should always be held in domes, they must mean that all outdoor events should always be held in domes.

THIS!

This is exactly the logic that some people will use, and it's really not necessary. shutup.gif

• Like 1

While I would still like to see synthesizers go the way of narration (as in "ok, not using that now), I will definitely say that I had a fantastic time today at Finals, and yesterday and Thursday too. This was a very competitive, very entertaining year, and if we can please repeat that for 2012 I will be super ecstatic.

• Like 2

And please, finals web broadcast. I'd be happy to drop $30 for a Saturday night of top 12.

It's been 6 years since I sat through a finals show and I wasn't keen on it then because of all the changes in the repetoires to showcase obscure pieces of music. I also wasn't a big fan of the move towards dance and presenting of the 'themes'. Give me good, solid, unison flag and rifle features that compliment the music; a drum solo that rocks and a hornline that blows me away with their talent, intensity and wall of sound - that was drum corps for me.

Friends convinced us that we really might enjoy it this year so, after viewing a few clips here and there, we headed to Allentown. What a great decision that was! I have reservations about the use of A&E and am still not keen on the vocals. The theme thing works for some (Crown, Phantom) but not so much for others (what the heck was Cavaliers nature boy thing about anyway??) - still I'd rather hear the corps just play the tunes - stop telling me what I'm supposed to be getting from it.

We watched semi's via the fan network and wished we'd been able to get to finals. We're already talking about doing our own drum corps tour next year to inlcude Allentown and finals week. It was a great opportunity to reconnect with old friends and meet some new ones - all with the passion for this beautiful sport.

I can only echo Jeff and other posters who ask DCI..... please, please, PLEASE - continue to promote the crowd entertainment factor. The performers, the staffs, volunteers - everyone connected to all of the corps work so very hard to put this amazing production out there for us to enjoy. It was, and is, a thrill to be able to give a standing O to each and every one of them without reservation.

Thank you Carolina Crown for the most entertaining show I've seen ever. Congratulations Cadets - amazing performance. Well done Devils, especially colour guard! Thanks to all the corps for helping to bring us back.

Kelly

Newest Carolina Crown fan

Long time Blue Devils fan