The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

"Blue Starts." As funny as "Blue Coats." :rolleyes:

Haha, be on the look out for the Wrath of Boo now! Lol

Sorry, I don't see Glassmen beating Crossmen in 2012. Or Boston or Spirit for that matter...

I'm being very cautious around that area, Glassmen aren't just going to fall all of the sudden, I have a feeling they'll be gunning pretty hard to get back in since their top 12 streak for 7 years was broken. Crossmen will continue to climb, I'm thinking they could get close to finals, maybe not quite yet (however I want them in the top 12 like no one else), they'll be in that pack. I was mainly just putting them in packs. Spirit did go from 16th to 12th, so who knows, they're headed in the right direction, just not sure if they'll take that huge of a leap in one year. By 2013, I'll say they'll be a shoe in, but what do I know?

Let's not forget that the Crossmen were not your typical 17th place corps. That was a very good 17th place corps. But the corps above them were also very good. But they were all much closer than the scores told.

They have a good staff, second year under the staff. Last year, even though it was a return to the Crossmen style, it hasn't been done since the early 2000's. New again for the corps, new again for DCI. I hype my hometeam every year. And this year will be no different.

Truth is, anyone from that 13-17th bracket last year could possibly make finals this year. And a few corps could fall back out of finals. It's hard to say who though. It's gonna be tight. And I hope it's as competitive as I think it should be. It will probably be more fun to watch than the battles up at the top.

Final Prediction Sticking with it.

1. Blue Devils - High Guard, High Visual.
  2. Cavaliers - Possibly High Percussion.
  3. Carolina Crown - High GE, High Brass
  4. The Cadets
    Top 4 Pretty Solidly above the below, Vanguard maybe close. 95.5 - 98.75
  5. Santa Clara Vanguard - Possibly High Percussion.
  6. Bluecoats
  7. Phantom Regiment
    Above three pretty close. 92.85 - 95.1
  8. Madison Scounts
  9. Blue Stars
  10. Blue Knights
  11. Spirit of Atlanta
  12. Boston Crusaders
    Above 5 very close. 86.25 - 91.5
  13. The Academy
  14. Glassmen
  15. Crossmen
  16. Troopers
    This pack fights it all season long. 81.5 - 84.35
  17. Colts
  18. Teal Sound
  19. Pacific Crest
    This little pack has an interesting race all season. 78.75 - 80.5
  20. Cascades
  21. Mandarins
  22. Jersey Surf
  23. Pioneer
    This group close. 73.15 - 78.5

I'm not sure why you are predicting Boston to have it lowest placement in 14 years. If your reasoning is that there hasn't been much, if any, off-season hype on DCP about BAC, there never is. And, I won't engage in any hyperbole here...I will only note that unlike the three teams immediately above Boston in last year's finals placements, the corps is preparing for 2012 with the same Visual Designer, Brass Caption Head, Percussion Caption Head, and Guard Caption Head as last year.

I'm not sure why you are predicting Boston to have it lowest placement in 14 years. If your reasoning is that there hasn't been much, if any, off-season hype on DCP about BAC, there never is. And, I won't engage in any hyperbole here...I will only note that unlike the three teams immediately above Boston in last year's finals placements, the corps is preparing for 2012 with the same Visual Designer, Brass Caption Head, Percussion Caption Head, and Guard Caption Head as last year.

I guess I should have clarified, I mainly have them in packs, I wasn't really sure as to an exact prediction, just groupings. I shouldn't have put the placements on there I guess.

PACKS

BLUE DEVILS

CAVALIERS

SCV

------------

CROWN

PHANTOM

CADETS

------------

BOSTON

BLUECOATS

--------------

BLUE KNIGHTS

MADISON

BLUE STARS

-----------------

SPIRIT

CROSSMEN

GLASSMEN

---------------

Troopers

Academy

---------

Colts

PC

Teal

• Like 1

PACKS

BLUE DEVILS

CAVALIERS

SCV

------------

CROWN

PHANTOM

CADETS

------------

BOSTON

BLUECOATS

--------------

BLUE KNIGHTS

MADISON

BLUE STARS

-----------------

SPIRIT

CROSSMEN

GLASSMEN

---------------

Troopers

Academy

---------

Colts

PC

Teal

that's pretty much exactly how i see it...maybe switch cadets and cavaliers... the packs can be in any order

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

Isn't it nearly time for there to be another tie at the top?

1. Cavaliers

1. Crown

3. Phantom

4. Devils

5. Cavaliers

5. Cadets

7. Blue Coats

8. SCV

8. Boston

10. Madison

10. Blue Stars

12. Blue Knights

All corps in the top 10 will score in the 90's with less than a 2 point spread between the top 6 corps. Crown dominates most of the second half of the season and has to fight off a hugely surging Cavalier corps in the final two weeks of competition. Devils lose the most ground after dominating the first half of the season. Phantom also surges from a consistant 5th or 6th throughout the season to a third place finish, passing the devils by the slimist of margins. Crossmen, unfortunatly, do not make finals again...

Devs

Cavaliers

Crown

Cadets

SCV

Bluecoats

Boston

Madison

Phantom

Blue Knights

And fighting for finals,

SOA

Academy

Glassmen

Troop

Crossmen

(oh, that's going to be another bloody battle...but IMHO, unfortunately, Academy has stayed stagnant too long, the staff additions are nice but talent dropped and poor vet retention. SOA will probably stay in, carrying the momentum from last season. I'd like to put Crossmen higher but I just don't think that they'll surpass Glassmen. maybe Troop and probably Colts though. Glassmen and Troop I just don't see dropping much, at least not out of the pack.)

I have no complex, long, list of corps, but it seems that the winner will most likely not be the Cadets(:rock: ). The Dlue Devils have never lost after a missed three-peat, so I'm leaning toward them or the Cavaliers.

On a personnal note, I hope Bluecoats will at least medal!:thumbup:

Edited by Stradivarius