The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

Blue Devils will come back and win the title again only increasing the space in their trophy case

• Like 5

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. Cavaliers

4. Cadets

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Boston Crusaders

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Stars

9. Blue Knights

10. Bluecoats

11. Madison Scouts

12. Glassmen

13. Spirit

14. Academy

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Crossmen

18. Pacific Crest

19. Oregon Crusaders

20. Teal Sound

21. Blue Devils B

22. Cascades

23. Spartans

24. Pioneer

25. Genesis

• Like 3

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. Cavaliers

4. Cadets

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Boston Crusaders

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Stars

9. Blue Knights

10. Bluecoats

11. Madison Scouts

12. Glassmen

13. Spirit

14. Academy

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Crossmen

18. Pacific Crest

19. Oregon Crusaders

20. Teal Sound

21. Blue Devils B

22. Cascades

23. Spartans

24. Pioneer

25. Genesis

Surf is taking the year off?

• Like 2

Mandarins too, for that matter...

• Like 1

1. Blue Devils

2. Carolina Crown

3. Cavaliers

4. Cadets

5. Santa Clara Vanguard

6. Boston Crusaders

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Blue Stars

9. Blue Knights

10. Bluecoats

11. Madison Scouts

12. Glassmen

13. Spirit

14. Academy

15. Colts

16. Troopers

17. Crossmen

18. Pacific Crest

19. Oregon Crusaders

20. Teal Sound

21. Blue Devils B

22. Cascades

23. Spartans

24. Pioneer

25. Genesis

Another problem: switch Crown with Cavaliers, then Cadets with Cavaliers :thumbup:

• Like 1

My predictions change pretty regularly so I won't make very specific predictions again. I see the top 5 all remaining with maybe a little shifting between them. Boston moves up unless SCV and Coats come up with more fan friendly shows. Blue Stars should remain in top and maybe move up a bit. Hopefully last years show was just a design fluke. I predict a fight all season for the last spot in the top 12 with Scouts, The Academy and hopefully Crossmen. I know I will get trashed here for not putting Scouts higher, but a loud hornline is not the only basis for a great show. Remember all the people that had them top 5 or 6 last year because of what were thought to be some good staffing changes? Still love em' but you got to have a better visual program.

Don't worry, I will not trash you for saying anything. Everyone has a right to their opinions. In fact, I agree with you 100% that "a loud hornline is not the only basis for a great show". I also agree that Madison needs a better visual program. However, I do have a few of questions for you if you don't mind.

Are you aware that Madison has inherited the entire visual and percussion staff from Carolina Crown for 2012? Knowing that in the lieu of your valid point about their visual program, do you not think that their visual program will improve in 2012? Also, it was really their percussion that held them back last year (I believe they were either 13th or 14th in percussion). Do you not also think that their inheritance of Crown's percussion team will not also help that to improve as well?

I know you will probably remind me of what you said above about their "staffing changes last year". However, last year was not when they had staffing changes. 2010 was when they changed staff (and coincidentally when they also jumped 5 placements in one year). Something to consider.

My opinion. I do not see any reason why Madison will struggle for 12th as you have suggested. I'm not going to predict them in the top 5 or anything crazy like that. I do, however, see no reason (especially with the visual and percussion staff changes) why the can't stay firmly planted in the top 10. Even if it's just 10th. Struggling for finals though? Seems a bit extreme to me. You are actually predicting them to get worse?

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 2

Nope, not going to play...

Edited by Roark1
  • Like 2

Another problem: switch Crown with Cavaliers, then Cadets with Cavaliers :thumbup:

Just don't see this happening. Maybe it's just a lack of imagination on my part (as in 'I can't imagine the Cavies without Michael Gaines'). He was personally responsible for so much of the effect (both drill AND guard ) that it's hard to believe it won't affect placement.

I could definitely be wrong (and Mr. Hinshaw's resume is not lacking) but I'll personally be surprised to see the Cavies unaffected by this staff change.

• Like 2

Just don't see this happening. Maybe it's just a lack of imagination on my part (as in 'I can't imagine the Cavies without Michael Gaines'). He was personally responsible for so much of the effect (both drill AND guard ) that it's hard to believe it won't affect placement.

I could definitely be wrong (and Mr. Hinshaw's resume is not lacking) but I'll personally be surprised to see the Cavies unaffected by this staff change.

I understand with what you are saying... However, a lot of folks on here said the same thing back in 2010 and they surprised us (even me) and placed 2nd. :thumbup:

At the moment i'm keeping an open mind.

• Like 1