The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

Oh this is a novel argument! You're right! All Crown plays is B-flat major chords, right?

Oh, wait, wrong.

What about the A minor chord hit in the opener in 2009? Or the E-flat major suspension chord in the 2009 closer? Or F minor v chord in the Khachaturian opener in 2010? Or, the B-flat mm 7 chords in the Mahler, or the F mm 7 chords as well in the Mahler? Or what about the e-flat major hit in 2011? OR the A open-fifth chord in paint it black in 2011? Or the D minor chord that ends paint it black? Ah, you MUST be talking about the D-flat major hit in Clair de Lune in 2008!

Oh, thats right! Crown isn't the only drum corps that plays B-flat major chords. How about actually knowing what chords corps play instead of assuming that because Crown often ends on B-flat major (which almost ALL drum corps do, frequently), that those are the only chords they play.

Whoa! Calm down! I know my theory, I have ears. I know the keys people play in. Jesus. I realize there are many other keys in shows, there would be no way to modulate or make anything interesting otherwise. You missed a couple in your rant. I was just clarifying for previous posters about the chord they used at the end of the show for four years, the sustained Bb major (which I realize other corps do- but not the same way).

You just went WAY over that dude's head.

I'm sorry, but that wasn't cool. I know what I'm talking about. I know every chord tone I played in the years that I marched. I know every chord tone everyone ELSE had in the years that I marched.

• Like 3

Whoa! Calm down! I know my theory, I have ears. I know the keys people play in. Jesus. I realize there are many other keys in shows, there would be no way to modulate or make anything interesting otherwise. You missed a couple in your rant. I was just clarifying for previous posters about the chord they used at the end of the show for four years, the sustained Bb major (which I realize other corps do- but not the same way).

I'm sorry, but that wasn't cool. I know what I'm talking about. I know every chord tone I played in the years that I marched. I know every chord tone everyone ELSE had in the years that I marched.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it. And maybe I'm just a little sensitive cause I think that what Klesch and Crown do is the best there is, at least brass wise.

• Like 2

Don't dish it out if you can't take it. And maybe I'm just a little sensitive cause I think that what Klesch and Crown do is the best there is, at least brass wise.

I didn't dish out ANYTHING. Please don't make any assumptions about posters you don't know, and I won't either. I won't argue- Crown sounds great and they have great music (with some exceptions). I never even alluded to that. I mentioned one (1) chord that they usually use at the end of a show. Jesus.

• Like 2

I do hear the same chords from year to year.... just saying. Perhaps its not the sake of lets uses the same chords as last year, but perhaps its just Klesh's ( as well has the hornline's) signature chords. I often hear the same chord progressions from corps year-after-year, but it, to me, is just that arranger's or hornline's style.

• Like 4

I didn't dish out ANYTHING. Please don't make any assumptions about posters you don't know, and I won't either. I won't argue- Crown sounds grea

Please tell me that DCP posters here arn't arguing on a" 2012 prediction thread".

BRASSO, you just don't realize the importance of the 7th major C7 mm 8th to the flat freakin minor chord is......jeez. I couldn't care less how many F double 7 major chords with a triple dip swirl Crown plays! Seriously...this is like aruguing how many steps they take in their show.....

Now, back on topic....

Edited by craiga
  • Like 1

Please tell me that DCP posters here arn't arguing on a" 2012 prediction thread".

In February...

:doh:

1. Anaheim Kingsmen

2. DeLasalle Oaklands

3. Blue Rock

4. Muchachos

5. Suncoast Sound

6. Freelancers

7. Purple Lancers

8. Black Knights

9. Commodores

10. Sky Ryders