Ticket Sales for Indy Were Up in 2011

That is key. Get the locals out. Wonder how many day of ticket sales there were? Maybe the parade helped?

Flyers were passed out at the parade listing the order of the corps - I believe there was a coupon for Indiana residents to buy tickets to the finals for $10. I don't think it was $10 off - but $10 for the ticket.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Flyers were passed out at the parade listing the order of the corps - I believe there was a coupon for Indiana residents to buy tickets to the finals for $10. I don't think it was $10 off - but $10 for the ticket.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is correct. It was posted on their facebook and was getting quite a bit of inquiry. Not only was it for Indiana residents, but college students with a university ID.

Ticket sales for this 2011 DCI Championships bounced back this year. Let me say that another way so there is no mistake. Ticket sales were higher. Heard it directly from a senior DCI official.

I realize this will be deeply disappointing to those on DCP who would prefer to believe that a guilty DCI is on the verge of ruin. Not yet. I further realize many will challenge my veracity. No matter.

The truth is the truth. I'm not talking about wristband kids filling empties. This is tickets sold. More of them.

HH

Leave it to me to be the first to shoot back at this.

H, it's not your veracity that is of a concern, it's the quality if the information you were given. I hardly expect a "senior DCI official" to blurt out "Yeah, attendance sucks", and I would expect him to put the best possible face on the numbers.

The truth that you're passing on is the truth to you, but it speaks nothing of the truth in what you were told.

I asked around many places, and the best I got was "Well, we'll see". One could interpret that as having a bit of trepidation in the answer.

I prefer to wait for a public announcement and confirmation of your information.

And, IMO, your taking a shot at those who have less confidence than you is below you.

In my experience the total season has been trumpeted as the important numbers; in years that attendance was down this is what we were told. I have to reason to doubt that's changed.

In the end, it's revenues minus expenses that count.

I'm as enthusiastic about the prospects as you are, but DCI's history of being forthcoming with attendance numbers is sketchy at best.

• Like 1

yeah...saw Dan Acheson walking around finals night.....smiling

I've been watching Dan for many years up close and from a distance, and I don't remember a single time when he was not smiling.

He's way too professional to wear his worries on his sleeve. And he's overall a nice guy.

Let's keep this thread in perspective with DCI's recent history regarding attendance announcements. When they tell us the official numbers then we'll know.

Until then it's all just speculation and here-say.

• Like 2

Ticket sales for this 2011 DCI Championships bounced back this year. Let me say that another way so there is no mistake. Ticket sales were higher. Heard it directly from a senior DCI official.

I realize this will be deeply disappointing to those on DCP who would prefer to believe that a guilty DCI is on the verge of ruin. Not yet. I further realize many will challenge my veracity. No matter.

The truth is the truth. I'm not talking about wristband kids filling empties. This is tickets sold. More of them.

HH

Michael Cesario put out the off season memo for Corps show designers to try and build shows that would better connect with audiences. For the most part, it appears as though several Corps took that suggestion to heart, and went out and produced more fan friendly shows this year compared to the recent past. As a result, the fans responded, and more of them came out to the shows, especially after the first weekend low audience numbers in Texas. Once word got out that the Corps were a little more fan friendly as a collective group this year, the fans responded with their increased numbers by the time all the Corps got to Indy. So this seems to make perfect sense to me. This was Cesario's hope all along for this year.

" If you build it.. they will come ".

Edited by BRASSO

Just a note on the attendance topic: Not only were $10 tix available to Indiana residents for finals night, two, yes two child tix for FREE with each adult ticket purchased. I wonder just how many of the $3.33 tix were sold. Seems like a fake Indiana ID might be the way to go next year, JK. We could have dined at St. Elmos for 2 or 3 dinners on those savings, although the seats would have probably been about 50 yards off the 50.

DCI's not dying. Get over it.

Win.

• Like 1