Cadets 2012 - 25th Anniv of 1987's App Spring

Oh please god - Cadets: Bring it back!!!

25 years and THAT production still stands the test of time!!!

:thumbup:

That would be great. Just as long as they let the music breathe a little and don't make it a racing click track moment like some do playing their old music post show.

Nooooooooooooooo!!!1one. Haha, I used to love that piece with a capital L, but it's been done so many times since then in various marching arts that I just don't know...not to mention just 2 short years ago. It's like West Side Story, we love the music, but I'd be da**ed if I don't know it frontwards and backwards where I could hum it from the hot dog line and not miss a thing. Except an awesome performance, yes, but you get my drift.

• Like 1

While it would be cool to see the Cadets do this again, I'd almost rather them not.

A.) Vanguard just did it in 09.

B.) Anniversary shows rarely live up to the original. (Cadets '09 was great, but no '84.)

C.) I want to see them continue forward on the path they set out this year instead of returning to something that's already been done.

• Like 5

I long for a show that I can actually make out a melodic passage. Most corps shows today remind me of the rotor chop.

While it would be cool to see the Cadets do this again, I'd almost rather them not.

A.) Vanguard just did it in 09.

B.) Anniversary shows rarely live up to the original. (Cadets '09 was great, but no '84.)

C.) I want to see them continue forward on the path they set out this year instead of returning to something that's already been done.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

D.) 87 is my favorite DC show ever. Please George, leave it alone.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I think the SCV reason is best, it was recently done, and yes.. anniversary shows tend to be a little less than expected because you always compare. Good ol' drum corps is always nice, but let's see something new (in the style of good ol' drum corps) and by that i mean, let's see a new show!

One that we can talk about in the next 25 years! (i think we saw that this year!)

if he does, I hope he doesnt ruin the ending like he did in 09, but I doubt he'll go there. They always seem to shy away from touching it, and I can understand why....it was classic.

In a lot of ways Cadets 87 is my favorite show, but I don't see any value in revisiting that concept. Not just because SCV did so just a couple of years ago (and they nearly, save the drum break, beat out The Cadets' version for me in so doing), or because a rehash would inevitably be disappointing, but because I prefer the Cadets find a new way forward.

In 2009 they *needed* to find something in their past to revisit after a few years of fumbling along trying to innovate. This year I think they've found a new voice, in a way, and I hope they build on that success.