Paid attendance figures for DCI World Championships

Ahhh Brasso, always looking to make mountains out of molehills.

I've gotten to know people involved with the stadium. They even admitted numbers weren't 100% accurate back then

Oh sure, just like some DCP'er to tell us he knows somebody really, REALLY important at the Montreal Stadium , and he wants us all to believe that his anonymous, unnamed sources there are far more reliable than DCI itself for DCI's own paid attendance figures they publish each and every season. Look, here's the real deal for the non gullible here : DCI is required under its legal obligations to give their paid attendance numbers to their accountant that files their reports to the I.R.S. DCI doesn't exaggerate those numbers. Thats preposterous. Its a felony to do so. And DCI isn't giving one set of paid attendance numbers to the I.R.S. and another to the public .Its also fall down funny that some posters think that DCI might have exaggerated the numbers BITD . And even funnier still that a few posters here think that non gullible people here think such conspiracy theories of DCI exaggerating the paid attendance figures was something that DCI did BITD. So this isn't really a case of someone making a mountain out of a molehill as much as it is some posters concocting silly stories of DCI exaggerating to the public its paid attendance figures for some as of yet, unexplained reason.. In other words... 3, maybe 4 posters here want us not to believe DCI's paid attendance figures for some years, instead just believe the paid attendance figures DCI gives us now ( haha!) . DCI was exaggerating the paid attendance numbers back then ( DCI can't be trusted ), but they are really, really accurate now ( DCI can be trusted ) ... haha!! Talk about trying to spin ridiculous stuff that can't be spun unless its to the really gullible ( lol!) But hey, thanks for the chuckle, anyway. ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

Oh sure, just like some DCP'er to tell us he knows somebody really, REALLY important at the Montreal Stadium , and he wants us all to believe that his anonymous, unnamed sources are more reliable than DCI itself for DCI's own paid attendance figures they publish each and every season. Look, here's the real deal for the non gullible here : DCI is required under its legal obligations to give their paid attendance numbers to their accountant that files their reports to the I.R.S. DCI doesn't exaggerate those numbers. Thats preposterous. Its a felony to do so. And DCI isn't giving one set of paid attendance numbers to the I.R.S. and another to the public .Its also fall down funny that some posters think that DCI cooked the numbers BITD to " make themselves look better than they are ".( as Guardling said above ) And even funnier still that a few posters here think that non gullible people here think such conspiracy theories of exaggerating the paid attendance figures was something that DCI did BITD. This isn't a case of someone making a mountain out of a molehill as much as it is some posters concocting silly stories of DCI lying to the public on its paid attendance figures. In other words... don't believe DCI's paid attendance figures for some years, instead just believe the paid attendance figures they give now ( haha!) . They were exaggerating the paid attendance numbers back then, but not now ( haha!). Talk about trying to spin stuff that can't be spun unless its to the really gullible ( lol!) But hey, thanks for the chuckle, anyway. ( lol!)

WOW!!!!

As per DCPers and knowledge ( or possible knowledge ( your post )

I never stated this, nor implied this, nor do I believe this in the least. So I don't even know how to attempt to intelligently respond to this inaccurate ( and ridiculous ) comment, other than its completely untrue on what I think of the many knowledgeable DCP'ers on here. If I did not think that there are some very interesting, knowledgeable posters on here, then I would not waste my time here.

So which is it?....lol

Edited by GUARDLING

WOW!!!!

As per DCPers and knowledge ( or possible knowledge ( your post )

I never stated this, nor implied this, nor do I believe this in the least. So I don't even know how to attempt to intelligently respond to this inaccurate ( and ridiculous ) comment, other than its completely untrue on what I think of the many knowledgeable DCP'ers on here. If I did not think that there are some very interesting, knowledgeable posters on here, then I would not waste my time here.

So which is it?....lol

huh ? There are knowledgeable posters on here. What is your issue with what I said ? DCI has had very knowledgeable people since its very begnnings running things as well. Don Pesceone was a very capable, ethical, honest, responsible, knowledgeable person when he was selected by all his peers to be DCI's Executive Director. When he signed off on DCI's paid attendance, those numbers were legit, and provided to the IRS as such. Now, if some DCP'er here wants us to believe now that he has a source at the Montreal Stadium and that this unnamed, anonymous source we should trust on the paid attendance, then pardon me, if trust my own eyes, ( I was there ) as well as DCI's official paid attendance figures from Don Pesceone. I believe DCI had knowledgeable, trustworthy people back then releasing these Finals Nite paid attendance figures, and knowledgeable, trustworthy people releasing their Finals Nite paid attendance figures now.

Look,.. if someone came on here and said they have an unnamed, anonymous source employed at Indy Stadium, and that unnamed source says DCI exaggerated the Finals Nite Paid Attendance figures for this year, we'd all laugh out loud at that sillness, no matter how " knowledgeable " that poster may or may not be on other unrelated issues. Well, guess what ?, we just had that. The only difference is the stadium and the year. So I had my chuckle with it ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO

There are knowledgble posters on here. What is your issue with what I said?

No issue at all ..just interesting

BRASSO, on 16 Aug 2015 - 9:16 PM, said:snapback.png

Oh sure, just like some DCP'er to tell us he knows somebody really, REALLY important at the Montreal Stadium , and he wants us all to believe

huh ? There are knowledgeable posters on here. What is your issue with what I said ? DCI has had very knowledgeable people since its very begnnings running things as well. Don Pesceone was a very capable, ethical, honest, responsible, knowledgeable and intelligent person when he was selected by all his peers to be DCI's Executive Director. When he signed off on DCI's paid attendance, those numbers were legit, and provided to the IRS as such. Now, if some DCP'er here wants us to believe now that he has a source at the Montreal Stadium and that this unnamed, anonymous source we should trust on the paid attendance, then pardon me, if trust my own eyes, ( I was there ) as well as DCI's official paid attendance figures. I believe DCI had knowledgeable, trustworthy people then releasing these Finals Nite paid attendance figures, and knowledgeable, trustworthy people releasing their Finals Nite paid attendance figures now.

Look, if someone came on here and said they have a source in Indy Stadium, and that unnamed source says DCI exaggerated the Finals Nite Paid Attendance figures for this year, we'd all dismiss that poster as a quack or a troll, or worse, no matter how " knowledgeable " that poster may or may not be on other unrelated issues. Well, guess what, we just had that. The only difference is the stadium and the year.

Well you added more to the post..So tell me how was your contact with Don and associates BITD. I would be very interested in.knowing your personal connection for many reasons. You can PM if you like.

As per the subject . you certainly went on a tangent when all that was said was that people always talk about how there was more and more each time another talks about numbers. Jeff mentioned that BITD numbers could have been counted much differently and most likely less efficiently compared to today. WOW, you took it to another level instead of just disagreeing or like a normal adult just say I believe this or that.

You question people on here often who actually are involved and debate ones experience without ever stating your own other than general statements that someone totally detached could also come up with. Totally Insulting . It's almost a bully tactic, or at least appears to be when words are used when giving YOUR opinion like misguided, ridiculous , gullible just to mention a few of you condescending demeanor flamboyant rants .. It';s actually funny when people get called out then come back so careful of their words for a bit but then ugly always shows it face.

I know sometimes there were corps BITD who actually thought this was cool..It wasnt cool then or Now DAN...just so you know

Oh and no need to speak on the behalf of DCI..we involved dont need it...thank you though but do recognize real supporters. Fred W. thanks for you contributions, although questioned here also in previous posts. I need to take a lesson from you Fred and just say what you did " well ok"..lol its a much better response fred

Conversation Done!

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

No issue at all ..just interesting

BRASSO, on 16 Aug 2015 - 9:16 PM, said:snapback.png

Thats right. We have 2 choices here. Believe DCP poster Jeff Ream who tells us he has ( or had ) an anonymous, unnamed source at Montreal Expos Stadium that says DCI's published paid attendance figures were exaggerated ( not " 100%" ) at that stadium...... or alternatively, believe DCI Executive Director Don Pesceone, ( not unnamed ) in 1981, 1982 that signed off on the Finals Nite Paid Attendance figures for 1981, 1982 ( and did so for 21 years in his position). The DCI official Paid Attendance Figures go to the IRS for its legal requirement. Unnamed, anonymous sources are under no such requirement to do a thing. Neither does any DCP poster on here need to do a thing but tell us what their unnamed, anonymous source told them. I was there in Montreal in 1981 and in 1982. I saw Don and Mary there. I saw the crowd there. I know the IRS requirement in respect to providing accurate paid receipt numbers. I don't know Jeff and his alleged unnamed, anonymous source(s) at this Montreal Stadium from a hole in the wall. So this notion that DCI exaggerated the Finals Nite Paid Attendance numbers in Montreal is not only BS to me, its an affront to the integrity of a man that is no longer here to defend himself from such a scurrilous charge of exaggerating the numbers for some as of yet, unexplained reason. I do laugh at this silliness of the bogus claim of exaggerated attendance numbers BITD, but there is a serious angle to this, lest we forget. The man who signed off on these legally binding Finals Night Paid Attendance figures each of these 21 years from the inception of DCI in the early 70's thru to the 90's, passed away just a few months ago. The timing of this by DCP'er Jeff Ream is also most regrettable, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

Attendance numbers at the 1981 DCI Finals were estimated at 36,000 by DCI, but anybody involved with Les Chatelaines swears still today that there actually were 40,000 people at Olympic Stadium that night.

Not that it matters in the least but here is a part of an article from Drum Corps world

Article title " What Happened to Drum Corps in Quebec

Interesting Huh?

for anyone who cares , not many I assume.....lol i think its just the point that the story goes on and on and changes with who you talk to as do the numbers...estimated numbers

DONE! :ninja:

Those interested it's quite a good article. Just google it " What happend to drum Corps in Quebec " interesting. far more than numbers

Edited by GUARDLING

Attendance numbers at the 1981 DCI Finals were estimated at 36,000 by DCI, but anybody involved with Les Chatelaines swears still today that there actually were 40,000 people at Olympic Stadium that night.

Not that it matters in the least but here is a part of an article from Drum Corps world

Interesting Huh?

for anyone who cares , not many I assume.....lol i think its just the point that the story goes on and on and changes with who you talk to as do the numbers...estimated numbers

Those interested it's quite a good article. Just google it " What happend to drum Corps in Quebec " interesting. far more than numbers

People talk nonsense all the time regarding what THEY think paid attendance was. Some are too high, some are too low. Those who are intelligent always consider the source . What sources are better for this, than DCI itself ? We use DCI's data on this. Nobody else's. Its the most reliable we have, as they were in receipt of the info on the gate receipts, tickets sold, etc. So when DCI tells us that in 1981 they estimated 36,000 in attendance, and had had 32, 427 in PAID Attendance on Finals Night, we accept that Finals Night paid attendance figure as unimpeachable. It is that 32,427 number that they not only publish to us, they publish it to the IRS. Don Pesceone, DCI Executive Director, signed his name under penalties of perjury that the number on the IRS tax form was accurate and as truthful as he was aware. That number does not change over time. It was the number for 1981 in 1981, and its the same number for 2015, and it will be the same number in 2028, and for every year thereafter Do you understand a bit better now, why we accept the DCI's published and unchanged figures as the best source for this ? And not what people say here on DCP ? and not what people say that are on Corps busses ? or employed at a Stadium in some unnamed capacity ? or years later ?. Thats all just hot air and noise when it compares to what DCI actually reports and then files with the IRS, and that number will never change years later, no matter what anybody tries to tell you. Does this make better sense for you now, perhaps ?

Edited by BRASSO

Interesting Huh?

I marched in Olympic Stadium in Montreal in 1981 at finals. It was by far the biggest crowd I ever saw at finals. It is both hilarious & sad to see DCP'rs making things up in hopes to discredit the attendance numbers from BITD. The reality is that finals today draws about half as many people as it did in the late 1970's & early 1980's. Congratulations DCI!