Paid attendance figures for DCI World Championships

People talk nonsense all the time regarding what THEY think paid attendance was. Some are too high, some are too low. Those who are intelligent always consider the source No, I do not consider an unnamed, anonymous source at a stadium, nor a bunch of kids in a Corps as realiable sources on attendance. I ( and I would hope most other intelligent people) would dismiss the unreliable sources, and instead utilize the official DCI published Finals Nite Paid Attendance figures as truthful and as relible a source for this, than any other source out there. We use DCI's data on this. Nobody else's. Its the most reliable we have, as they were in receipt of the info on the gate receipts, tickets sold, etc. So when DCI tells us that in 1981 they estimated 36,000 in attendance, but had 32, 804 in Paid Attendance on Finals Night, we accept that Finals Night paid attendance figure as unimpeachable. It is that 32,804 number that they not only publish to us, they publish it to the IRS, and Don Pesceone, DCI Executive Director, signs his name under penalties of perjury that the number on the IRS tax form is accurate. Do you understand a bit better now, why we accept the DCI's published figures as the best source for this ? And not what people say here ? and not what people say that are on Corps busses ? That all that is just hot air and noise when it compares to what DCI actually reports and then files with the IRS ?

I thought we were done Brasso. Youre right we can choose to believe what we want including those who do not bring anything to the table but hear say, name dropping.

You do not have to lecture me or a few others here on DCI or anything on the activity . You cant period. It wouldnt make to much sense now would it.

Simple statements were made SIMPLE>>Get IT? as jeff said mountains out of molehills and yes I dont agree often with Jeff BUT cant deny his involvement with DCI officials, drum corps experience and his family's involvement. same with Fred wind. But as usual you know better. AS I said you insult the contributions and knowledge of others. this is not about numbers and Montreal its about you and you rants when you pick apart a post and spin 1 line of it and play martyr and defender of whatever you cause of the day is. Mainly to only go against a few. so transparent.

The bully tactic and verbal insults werent cool back in the day ( infact it was an insult to drum corps ), although some corps really thought they were and it's not cool now. You know exactly what that means also.

Now as Fred would say

" Well ok"

night night :smile:

• Like 1

I marched in Olympic Stadium in Montreal in 1981 at finals. It was by far the biggest crowd I ever saw at finals. It is both hilarious & sad to see DCP'rs making things up in hopes to discredit the attendance numbers from BITD. The reality is that finals today draws about half as many people as it did in the late 1970's & early 1980's. Congratulations DCI!

I was also there and noone said it wasnt the largest dCI has had

I thought we were done Brasso. Youre right we can choose to believe what we want including those who do not bring anything to the table but hear say, name dropping.

You do not have to lecture me or a few others here on DCI or anything on the activity . You cant period. It wouldnt make to much sense now would it.

Simple statements were made SIMPLE>>Get IT? as jeff said mountains out of molehills and yes I dont agree often with Jeff BUT cant deny his involvement with DCI officials, drum corps experience and his family's involvement. same with Fred wind. But as usual you know better. AS I said you insult the contributions and knowledge of others. this is not about numbers and Montreal its about you and you rants when you pick apart a post and spin 1 line of it and play martyr and defender of whatever you cause of the day is. Mainly to only go against a few. so transparent.

The bully tactic and verbal insults werent cool back in the day ( infact it was an insult to drum corps ), although some corps really thought they were and it's not cool now. You know exactly what that means also.

Now as Fred would say

" Well ok"

I'm not sure why you take such offense to what Brasso said. His points on this subject are logical & eloquent, You attempted to make your points with poor English & poor punctuation.

Edited by FlamMan

I'm not sure why you take such offense to what Brasso said. His points on this subject are logical & eloquent, Your points were made with poor English & poor punctuation.

That all ya got?

another expert!...lol

If you really want to know PM me

Edited by GUARDLING

That all ya got?

another expert!...lol

If you really want to know PM me

I'm good thanks.

or alternatively, believe DCI Executive Director Don Pesceone, ( not unnamed ) in 1981, 1982 that signed off on the Finals Nite Paid Attendance figures for 1981, 1982 (and did so for 21 years in his position). The DCI official Paid Attendance Figures go to the IRS for its legal requirement. Unnamed, anonymous sources are under no such requirement to do a thing.

Wait, is that true?

Do 990s actually list attendance figures?

I work with an accounting firm to complete our 990 each year. I don't remember being asked to state the number of attendees. Hang on a moment . . .

Nope, I don't see anywhere in the 990 where we have to report the number of paid admissions (or admissions, period), either for our whole season or for any one event.

We do have to report the total dollar amount of our paid admissions.

Is garfield reading this thread? If he is: do DCI's 990s list either their total number of paid attendees, or those for Finals?

• Like 2

AS I said you insult the contributions and knowledge of others. this is not about numbers and Montreal its about you

" Well ok"

No, I did not make it personal here on this thread, you did. I don't insult the contributions and knowledge if others all the time. Just some of the time. When they try and insult my intelligence with some clear bogus ingo, thats usually a time ( haha). And this is not about me, nor you, despite you're wanting it to be. It is your lame attempt to imply that DCI published exxaggerated Finals Night Attendance figures BITD that fell completely flat for you that has you flustered now, But had you not attempted to damage the integrity of the DCI published numbers from BITD, you would not find yourself sinking like a stone on this issue. I can't be responsible for your lame attempt to try and toss overboard DCI's published numbers from BITD. You'd have been on much more solid ground on just being legitimately happy ( as I am ) thatg it appears that DCI has had an increase in attendance this year. But you couldn't help yourself. You just needed to jump in above and post that the attendance numbers from BITD were somehow not accurate, or inflated, or exaggerated. So you felt the urge to throw overboard DCI from BITD, and I decided that was not a very intelligent thing for you to do, especially when we have DCI's own published attendance numbers to refute your bogus claim and that of Fred Windish that the numbers were not" legit". The DCI published numbers numbers however ARE legit. its you and 2 or 3 others claims that are not " legit " regarding them, thats all. Thats not a " lecture " to you. Thats a reply to you and 2 or 3 others on here that a weak attempt at revisionist history... and one that is contradicted with concrete, verifiable facts,.. can serve as enlightenment on here, imo... no matter how uncomfortable or frustrating that might become to the perpetrators of bogus claims.