Paid attendance figures for DCI World Championships

and what Jeff said....Not quite as dramatic as brasso makes it out now is it.

DCP Fanatic

• photo-thumb-6334.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 160,238 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:43 PM

BRASSO, on 16 Aug 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:snapback.png

Well, if you were in Montreal in 1981, 1982 for Finals Nite, then you would not be claiming that the DCI official published Finals Nite paid attendance of 32,427 ( with an estimated 36,000 ) " may not have been legit " charge of yours is bogus, and without a submitted shred of evidence by anyone here that ( as Guardling said above ) " may have been said to make them ( DCI ) look better ". Its a feeble attempt at revisionist history to serve a current agenda, and is without merit, nor standing. We can applaud todays increased Finals Nite Paid attendance, and can do so without impugning the motives of the Hall of Fame DCI'ers who are dead and gone now and are thus no longer with us as a result to defend themselves now from this scurrilous and lame attempt to impugn their Finals Nite Paid attendance figures from BITD. Thir numbers WERE " legit " whether you or others want to now impugn their integrity for them now or not........ You're the one that" needs to calm down", as you introduced above the outlandish notion of the illegitimacy of the Finals Nite Paid attendance from BITD, but without a shred, nor scintilla of evidence to back up that absurd, conspiratorial based, bogus claim of yours.... Commander Windish.

Ahhh Brasso, always looking to make mountains out of molehills.

FYI it was a different era and some stuff may have been nudged up for a lack of technology to give true accounting. Back then a lot of stadium events used turnstile counts. Doesn't mean entry was paid, it just tells you how many came in.

Having housed players for the former Expos AA affiliate, I've gotten to know people involved with the stadium. They even admitted numbers weren't 100% accurate back then

Jeff Ream

and what Jeff said....Not quite as dramatic as brasso makes it out now is it.

DCP Fanatic

• photo-thumb-6334.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 160,238 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:43 PM

BRASSO, on 16 Aug 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:snapback.png

Ahhh Brasso, always looking to make mountains out of molehills.

FYI it was a different era and some stuff may have been nudged up for a lack of technology to give true accounting. Back then a lot of stadium events used turnstile counts. Doesn't mean entry was paid, it just tells you how many came in.

Having housed players for the former Expos AA affiliate, I've gotten to know people involved with the stadium. They even admitted numbers weren't 100% accurate back then

Jeff Ream

Do yourself a favor & stop posting about this. You contradict yourself in every one of your posts.

• Like 1

Do yourself a favor & stop posting about this. You contradict yourself in every one of your posts.

this wasnt my post it was jeffs,,,,maybe you want to add yourself and your year in Scouts and experience in these matters also. Brasso wants proof, names, connections, But cant give any himself.

Always hear say,. well as I said this went way further than it had to BUT happens often when Brasso steals a thread with his nonsense.

My fault for adding to it and keeping it going. Im very sorry to have contributed to the madness . especially to those who do not have to prove themselves to anyone.

If they want they can defend themselves now, Not that they will. im sure they are better men than me and will just laugh and walk away to the real world.

I cant believe i contributed and allowed 5 pages to go on like this, what nonsense . I should be voted off the island. some of us know better Actually Im voting myself off. I;'ll be in touch with a few if ya. CIAO :biggrin:

Edited by GUARDLING

Wait, is that true?

Do 990s actually list attendance figures?

I work with an accounting firm to complete our 990 each year. I don't remember being asked to state the number of attendees. Hang on a moment . . .

Nope, I don't see anywhere in the 990 where we have to report the number of paid admissions (or admissions, period), either for our whole season or for any one event.

We do have to report the total dollar amount of our paid admissions.

Is garfield reading this thread? If he is: do DCI's 990s list either their total number of paid attendees, or those for Finals?

Just catching up.

Nope, neither that I have ever seen.

You know, I think it's pretty cool that this thread is now five years old. It's a great discussion each year, despite the bickering, and I for one would hate to see it closed.

I did several data dumps back then, reported attendance, attendance vs. GDP, number of FDCI members, etc. If I get the time I'll go take a look at updating them.

Good Morning, FRIENDS!

Like Mr. garfield, any kind of detailed, geeky, drum corps-lifer discussion appeals to me. It demonstrates how passionate fans of this endeavor can be. A good thing!

Unique to all this rancor, is it's ability to quickly turn. Take any individual participant in this dialogue, place them in a chance meeting at an out-of-town airport lounge, and watch what happens. THAT special bond, I know transcends all else !

Edited by Fred Windish

Thank you all for starting the off-season entertainment in such grand fashion.

I know attendance is a hot topic, but it is still surprising how crazed the debating gets. I thought I would have to wait for the annual DCI attendance press release for the fireworks to fly, but we are getting a head start. My personal favorite was the one who said attendance was "down 100%".

There are details I seek to clarify or confirm:

Please elaborate on the nature of the alleged inaccuracies. First, what do the numbers represent? Are you referring to turnstile counts, paid attendance, or something else?

Why were numbers not 100% accurate? Is the inaccuracy intentional, or simply an error or uncertainty?

Were the numbers too high, or too low? How far off could the numbers be?

Well, if you were in Montreal in 1981, 1982 for Finals Nite, then you would not be claiming that the DCI official published Finals Nite paid attendance of 32,427 ( with an estimated 36,000 ) " may not have been legit "

Where was the 32,427 number published?

• Like 1

No one has even come close to making the accusations you have claimed You made them this big to hear yourself talk as usual. What a hot mess. and a disgrace.

Thank Goodness some have no influence on the activity. Or ever did.

You are now reduced to ad hominen personal attacks, and calling me now a " hot mess". If thats not a personal ( and obscene ) personal attack, then I don't know what is. But for the record, I have been highly active in the activity and have done so before you were even born. You've lost the argument at every turn on the merits, so now we are left with nothing but the the collosal stupidity of the introduction of the obscene insults from you into this thread discussion. And so thats where we are now today with you, Guardling.

Edited by BRASSO