Paid attendance figures for DCI World Championships

If anyone here wants to tell us why the 1981, 1982 ( or any year for that matter ) announced, DCI reporting Finals Nite Paid Attendance numbers are somehow bogus, or not " legit ", or exaggerated, or inflated, or in some manner contrived, please let us know what your sources are that contradicts DCI's figures, and why you believe them over DCI's announced attendance figures. Choose any year you think from 1973 to 2015 that DCI is wrong on this, and tell us why. So far we have a source, that allegedly works at a stadium thats says the DCI figures were not entirely accurate. Any others ? And what years, were the DCI numbers allegedly bogus ? And how far off were the figures ? And how did this source outside of the realm of DCI arrive at their conclusion that DCI was apparently peddling bogus attendance numbers ? I 'd like to know how they actually arrived at the alleged bogus attendance numbers, because as far as we know, DCI would have that data better than anyone else, it would seem to me as, lets be real here, they collect the tickets, nobody else does.

Edited by BRASSO

No, I did not make it personal here on this thread, you did. I don't insult the contributions and knowledge if others all the time. Just some of the time. When they try and insult my intelligence with some clear bogus ingo, thats usually a time ( haha). And this is not about me, nor you, despite you're wanting it to be. It is your lame attempt to imply that DCI published exxaggerated Finals Night Attendance figures BITD that fell completely flat for you that has you flustered now, But had you not attempted to damage the integrity of the DCI published numbers from BITD, you would not find yourself sinking like a stone on this issue. I can't be responsible for your lame attempt to try and toss overboard DCI's published numbers from BITD. You'd have been on much more solid ground on just being legitimately happy ( as I am ) thatg it appears that DCI has had an increase in attendance this year. But you couldn't help yourself. You just needed to jump in above and post that the attendance numbers from BITD were somehow not accurate, or inflated, or exaggerated. So you felt the urge to throw overboard DCI from BITD, and I decided that was not a very intelligent thing for you to do, especially when we have DCI's own published attendance numbers to refute your bogus claim and that of Fred Windish that the numbers were not" legit". The DCI published numbers numbers however ARE legit. its you and 2 or 3 others claims that are not " legit " regarding them, thats all. Thats not a " lecture " to you. Thats a reply to you and 2 or 3 others on here that a weak attempt at revisionist history... and one that is contradicted with concrete, verifiable facts,.. can serve as enlightenment on here, imo... no matter how uncomfortable or frustrating that might become to the perpetrators of bogus claims.

You twisted and made more of all of it Brasso..Mountain out of a mole hill...Your legacy.

I could care less what attendance actually was then it was more than freakin 30 years ago. Am I happy this year . YOU BET, for many reasons including those who constantly say its dying. Fred nor I did not say it was not legit. forget it you can go read back pages on this .

So you never answered , what makes you the expert on not just this but most subjects you love to argue , there's about 4 or 5. we dont need sepecifics . You are so argumentative with many who actually do or have done for decades , there must be more behind it than we might know. Please let us know . It cant just be all hear say, googled items, tail gate gossip,an occasional reunion of a corps you marched in a year or 2. So help us out .

I myself would give you more of the benefit of the doubt at least.

I 'm starting to believe there's something actually really wrong here and not even funny anymore so i that case...I'm out.

Edited by GUARDLING

I marched in Olympic Stadium in Montreal in 1981 at finals. It was by far the biggest crowd I ever saw at finals. It is both hilarious & sad to see DCP'rs making things up in hopes to discredit the attendance numbers from BITD. The reality is that finals today draws about half as many people as it did in the late 1970's & early 1980's.

There is no benefit in saying DCI exaggerated attendance numbers at one time, without a scintilla,or shred of evidence at all, to make that ridiculous, bogus claim. It serves no useful purpose whatsoever. Its sad, its deplorable, and its insulting to one's intelligence. It actually says more about the person raising the spectre with the false claim than about the alleged duplicity and / or incompetence of DCI's handling of the ticket purchasing numbers at their Finals Nite.

Edited by BRASSO

There is no benefit in saying DCI exaggerated attendance numbers at one time, without a scintilla,or shred of evidence at all, to make that ridiculous, bogus claim. It serves no useful purpose whatsoever. Its sad, its deplorable, and its insulting to one's intelligence. It actually says more about the person raising the spectre with the false claim than about the alleged duplicity and / or incompetence of DCI's handling of the ticket purchasing numbers at their Finals Nite.

No one has even come close to making the accusations you have claimed You made them this big to hear yourself talk as usual. What a hot mess. and a disgrace.

Thank Goodness some have no influence on the activity. Or ever did.

Edited by GUARDLING

Yup.

No one has even come close to making the accusations you have claimed You made them this big to hear yourself talk as usual. What a hot mess. and a disgrace.

Yes they did. Did you read Jeff's post?

Yes I did and it was not as as it was made out. It was twisted as well as blown up and with past experience , with an agenda.

Over the years i have not agreed with jeff on numerous things BUT can not deny his involvement as well as inside connections he has had. for the good and bad of that.

Edited by GUARDLING

. Fred did not say it was not legit. .

He sure did. Its right up top, as a matter of fact. He said the numbers from BITD may not be " legit ". Its as clear as a bell thats what he said. Nice try... but its even a fail on this for you.

Guardling is frustrated because at every turn now, its easy to refute what he says. Jeff said above he has a source at the Montreal stadium that told him the 1981 paid attendance numbers were not 100% accurate. Thats what Jeff said. Its in black and white.. not open to debate as to what Jeff actually said above on the figures not being 100% . Now he claims Jeff didn't say this " ( lol!).

None of these 3 or 4 has yet told us how their sources would be more reliable with the numbers of tickets purchased than DCI itself would be. How would a stadium employee, not afiliated in any capacity at all with DCI, have better authenticity on the numbers of tickets sold than would DCI itself ? They wouldn't. Thats why these people get frustrated ( lol!), its because inquisitive, thinking, rationale people such as ourselves come along and say... well, wait a minute here now, how would these sources of yours have better intel than DCI would ? When they can't come up with a plausable, rationale answer to that, then they go into their predictable insulting mode. But if you think about it, thats all they've got left when their bogus claims, without a shred of evidence to support it, implode on themselves like this, FlamMan.

Edited by BRASSO

He sure did. Its right up top, as a matter of fact. He said the numbers from BITD may not be " legit ". Its as clear as a bell thats what he said. Nice try... but its even a fail on this for you.

DCP Fanatic

• av-11986.jpg?_r=0
  • Members
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 1,602 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:23 AM

kevingamin, on 16 Aug 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:snapback.png

For the record, I attended Finals on a press pass which would not have allowed me to sit anywhere in the audience seating area. I did NOT keep us from getting 22,806 paid attendance.

..... and for the record, I feel certain the paid number released by DCI is legit. My point is, differently managed events during other eras might NOT have been legit. It's all how someone wants to weave it. It's even about plank seating compared to armchair seating, size and number of entry portals, etc. College football fans know how Tennessee manages to fit 100,000 squeezed people into a Neyland Stadium facility that looks built for 80,000. Been there, done that!

maybe you need to pay attention better
Edited by GUARDLING