2012 show ideas

My annual request for Regiment to do Janacek's Sinfonietta.

Wouldn't that piece have been a wonderful addition to the Glassmen's "gold" years? Maybe there's hope yet.

So, is there any reason that Chopin has essentially never been put on the field?

Granted, it would take a VERY imaginative arranger to pull off something like that.

But, I imagine that his prelude in E minor could be used to create an incredible, beautiful, yet somber ballad.

Plus, there is a multitude of other works that might give some good material to a show.

Another piece that comes to mind is Vientos y Tangos by Michael Gandolfi. Certainly not the whole thing, but there are moments throughout that would work really well on a field.

• Like 1

Bluecoats: inception. Although I heard spirit's FE warming up with "time", I think it suits the bluecoats style much more. They have the power to do it.

Vanguard: with the new additions, all I can think of is a powerful SCV show. Essentially the opposite of 99. Pure power, as in a show titled "Gods of War" featuring music like mars, o fortuna, and selections from the god of war series.

Blue knights: after Europa and an english folk, now they will have an african themed show. Not necessarily lion king, but the same type of music. Very tribal.

Madison: I don't know how they follow up their show from this year. After 2 very exciting shows, they might do another drum corps fan's dream shows. So look out for that.

Cadets: after a year where the corps is at war with itself, they will continue that idea and do either american revolution or cicil war music.

Just some thoughts.

• Like 1

Anyone know how strict Hans Zimmer is on his music? So far, we've only seen his Angels and Demons stuff. Any chance to see Gladiator or Inception on the field? Please?

Anyone know how strict Hans Zimmer is on his music? So far, we've only seen his Angels and Demons stuff. Any chance to see Gladiator or Inception on the field? Please?

Strict enough to allow spirit of atlanta's pit to use his music from inception as a warmup.

Any chance we see gladiator? It depends, is 4 years too soon for phantom to do gladiator after spartacus?

SO, I'd really like to see David R. Holsinger's PROVIDENCE UNFINISHED on the field. The only corps that comes to mind for this one would be Cavaliers or Bluecoats.... It's just a cool piece, although with the Bloo staff at SCV, maybe they'll pick up and do it.

someone should play Roque Baños I Am the One would be a great ballad

Edited by blueorginal

Crown keeping with the Rock theme, and doing a Led Zeppelin show.

Kashmir

Whole Lotta Love

Immigrant Song

When the Levee Breaks

Black Dog

Stairway to Heaven (no LZ show would be complete without this tune! lol)

Crown keeping with the Rock theme, and doing a Led Zeppelin show.

Kashmir

Whole Lotta Love

Immigrant Song

When the Levee Breaks

Black Dog

Stairway to Heaven (no LZ show would be complete without this tune! lol)

I have to agree and disagree with you. While I don't want Crown to do another rock-theme show, Kashmir would translate very well to drum corps when arranged properly.