Watch DCA Prelims LIVE online!

all you will need is an internet connection and a browser. There will be no commentators or host, but will be a multi-cam cut.

Fran's shirt has been banned by the FCC

Mike

DCA Media Director

I promise everyone I will be well off-camera all weekend.

I truly have a face made for radio. :tongue:

How about DCA placing a "sample" feed on their website so we can check out the streaming quality and our internet connections?

Before I make a twenty dollar donation to DCA, I need to know if the feed would be "enjoyable" video quality-wise.

Will it be 240, 360, 480 or 720 ?

What will the video format be ?

Will the "lag" be buffered or just dropped?

Inquireing minds need to know!

For me, these are great questions that need answers,..........but for 20 bucks, pretty much anything is better than nothing,..............

• Like 3

For me, these are great questions that need answers,..........but for 20 bucks, pretty much anything is better than nothing,..............

Yep, less than 1/2 tank of gas with my Subbie... Even if I can't connect to the TV, would be worth it to watch a couple corps on the PC monitor.

Oh Hell... worth it to me (Mr IT (not web based) techie here) just to see how this works out... Get more back then sending a $20 donation check... And figure the more people who buy this, the more chance DCA will do it again.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Mike, what's the format? I'm guessing Flash, but I'm hoping for html 5.

I hope its not flash. That blows the idea of bringing in the Ipad and watching it simultaneously in the stadium.

Im pretty excited for the fans here in the South that will finally get a chance to see these corps live. I am sure corps are thinking of ways right now to use this as a recruiting tool.

Perhaps throw a big superbowl type of party DCA style???

HMM the possibilities are endless.

Totally agree. Heck last year when I was unable to go at the last min I would have paid double to see them.

I tried to start this as a new topic, but the connection crapped out. If the 2012 tickets are going on sale (on-line) on Sept. 6th...does that mean the early bird order form I used to receive every January will no longer happen, and I should order on-line on the 6th with everyone else? Thanks!

We are going to be selling tickets a little differently for 2012. If you are at the stadium over Labor Day weekend, you are an "early bird" and will have the opportunity to buy your tickets there. If you order online on the 6th, you will still get good seats. We have nearly doubled our capacity for seating between the 40's in Annapolis.

We look forward to seeing everyone in Rochester!

Edited by David Hobart

HELLOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! We can't make it because of medical problems a bunch of family members have hit this year. Saturday has JUST been booked....

Time to dig up the instructions on having the PC monitor contents display on the TV screen..... not sure if possible with screening video but will check. (Any other Verizon victims... err customers try this?)

I have a friend who hooks his laptop up to the TV when we do DCI Regionals. You just need the right cable

I have a friend who hooks his laptop up to the TV when we do DCI Regionals. You just need the right cable

Depending on the age of the equipment you will likly need a couple of different cables. Audio and Video both require separate cables.Found that out the hard way the first time I hooked up to the TV.

In my case I had a older laptop with just VGA outputs and a older TV with S video and RCA audio imputs.. I needed this for Video http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882339047 And this for Audio. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882196057 Quality of video will be pretty crappy I am afraid if you are comparing it to a monitor or HDTV reception.

Then my Newer laptop has S video outputs and I was able to use This cable for video http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882196405 and this cable for Audio http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882196057 Again quality of Video will be pretty suckey compared to what you are use to seeing on a monitor or HDTV.

Newer TVS and newer Laptops will benefit by having HDMI which will produce much better quality than VGA or S video. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812120155

Then there is the whole streaming wireless. Most people that have that equipment already know the ropes on that one.

If someone is thinking about setting up a PC for the first time to watch DCA Fan network on your TV now would be the time to think about upgrading your equipment to new with a modern Video card or upgrading your old equipment to a new Video card. A pretty decent card for the money is this. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102874 Then all you will need is the above HDMI video cable and Audio Cables. Provided of course your TV is fairly new and has HDMI inputs.

Some modern day LCD monitors have HDMI outputs for TV . Worth looking at your specs on those too.

LCD monitors are getting huge and prices have never been better. If your considering watching the DCA fan network online you might be better to just go ahead and invest in a good LCD monitor and watch it that way instead of trying to patch up a computer to your TV and have a less than ideal viewing experience.

Edited by camel lips