Watch DCA Prelims LIVE online!

Yes, this is Adobe Flash I am referring to.

And I bought my current laptop because it has an HDMI port I can hook up to the home theater and watch Fan Network on my TV. :D

The link to check the version of AdobeFlash worked real well for me.... LOL, work so much with the reader at work, I didn't know about "Flash".

A couple things:

1. If the DCA Fan Network is using the same technology as DCI/BOA/WGI, then you will need Flash on your device. That rules out any iOS device, including the iPad.

Well, I'm watching the DCI Fan Network right now on my iPhone. Looks and sounds great, even over 3G.

• Like 1

Yes, this is Adobe Flash I am referring to.

And I bought my current laptop because it has an HDMI port I can hook up to the home theater and watch Fan Network on my TV. :D

So ... now another dumb question ... how do I switch my video output on my laptop to the HDMI port?

Sorry ...

So ... now another dumb question ... how do I switch my video output on my laptop to the HDMI port?

Sorry ...

Not sure what you have, but I'll tell you what I have and see if it matches.

My laptop has a VGA output. TV has HDMI input. Best Buy sells an adapter, VGA to HDMI, that you plug into your laptop. Then, plug the HDMI cable into it and connect to TV. Both parts cost around $50 total. Was well worth it!

Hope this helps!

Sorry ...

you shouldn't have to do anything, at least if your laptop is like ours. when the cable is connected the signal is active. you just have to make sure you select the right input on your TV.

the only glitch we had was not having the correct audio output device selected - I think it was somethign unique to our machine, and you may not have the same experience, but if you have a picture but no audio, you may have to fiddle with that.

I'd strongly advise doing a dry run before next weekend by hooking up the laptop and make sure you are getting audio and video.

you shouldn't have to do anything, at least if your laptop is like ours. when the cable is connected the signal is active. you just have to make sure you select the right input on your TV.

the only glitch we had was not having the correct audio output device selected - I think it was somethign unique to our machine, and you may not have the same experience, but if you have a picture but no audio, you may have to fiddle with that.

I'd strongly advise doing a dry run before next weekend by hooking up the laptop and make sure you are getting audio and video.

Many thanks for all the input from everyone ... something for me to tinker with while riding out the storm here in CT tomorrow ... just stocked up on my emergency supply of wine and cheese ... Giants vs. Jets at 2:00 today ... wedding tonight ... drive home in the pre-storm ... hope power stays on tomorrow so I can check the TV connection out ...

:music:

Many thanks for all the input from everyone ... something for me to tinker with while riding out the storm here in CT tomorrow ... just stocked up on my emergency supply of wine and cheese ... Giants vs. Jets at 2:00 today ... wedding tonight ... drive home in the pre-storm ... hope power stays on tomorrow so I can check the TV connection out ...

:music:

DUH! Misread the first question.