Weekend Thoughts - Prelims and Finals

For the record.. I like the Kilties. And at no point in time should posts by individuals ever reflect the image of a drum corps unless those individuals are sanctioned representatives.

Next....

Agree. I've never understood people deciding they don't like this or that organization because a person or persons reflects their personal opinion on a forum. Were that the rule after years on DCP I would dislike every competing group.

Agree. I've never understood people deciding they don't like this or that organization because a person or persons reflects their personal opinion on a forum. Were that the rule after years on DCP I would dislike every competing group.

Personal opinion I have no problem with. But when people express their opinion and get flamed by those who disagree is where I draw the line. Some of the comments I've read and received basically say "I disagree, you're wrong, shut the #### up so I don't see it".

But I'll admit in the past having less respect for a certain corps based on members comments but nothing that I've read on DCP. Those (racially based) comments would have been deleted here. At the time I wondered if corps management felt the same way and found out later, to some extent, the answer was yes.... Also those comments were heard by fans at a show (how I found out) and it killed their respect for the group.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Its not one person. Multiple Kilties have posted about how they thought they were better than what they got or whatever. Any negative comment about the kilties gets flamed by kilties members. Starts to make the whole corps look bad because thats the image a handful are showing.

When you only see a small majority talking from a corps and that small majority looks bad....then the whole corps is going to appear that way. Its just the way it is.

• Like 2

Its not one person. Multiple Kilties have posted about how they thought they were better than what they got or whatever. Any negative comment about the kilties gets flamed by kilties members. Starts to make the whole corps look bad because thats the image a handful are showing.

When you only see a small majority talking from a corps and that small majority looks bad....then the whole corps is going to appear that way. Its just the way it is.

Well you will have to lead me to this mystical utopia where negative comments about a corps are not answered by corps members, or where every eastern corps member is perfectly in agreement with what there placement was, because its not DCP. There is plenty of flaming going on around here and most of it has nothing to do with the Kilties.

sadly, this is very true. perception is reality to many people

• Like 1

its also why corps are told by management DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON FORUMS OR SOCIAL NETWORKS or you run the risk of being removed from the corps......at least alot of JR. corps managements feel this way and HAVE enforced this.

perception IS reality...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GUARDLING

its also why corps are told by management DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON FORUMS OR SOCIAL NETWORKS or you run the risk of being removed from the corps......at least alot of JR. corps managements feel this way and HAVE enforced this.

perception IS reality...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well DCA use to be adult orientated and I thought it was pure bunk for management to try and tell adults not to do something like post on a public forum. I still feel that way when it comes to adults.

But DCA is no longer a adult orientated association so I guess they are free to tell the kiddies what to do.

I do find this sad.

Last time I checked this is discussion forum where.... here is a big surprise...... "Drum corps" topics get "discussed" and "debated". Surprise surprise surprise.

Ive seen way too many times where someone is getting the upper hand in a debate/discussion and then someone tries and bullies them with corps association.

Its wrong no matter how you perceive it.

wrong or not, it's a fact of life, and not just on here.

someone has a bad experience at a restaurant, they will tell lots of people to avoid the place. The amount of damage one review on the thousand of reatraurant review websites can kill a place.

Well, the same phenomena can happen on DCP. If a corps is perceived as whiners, cocky, etc, people's perceptions of the corps can happen. It's not just Kilties, go read the junior forums as well.If on here a fan, alum, member, whatever comes to their corps defense, or attacks those that speak opinions on their shows, make excuses, whatever...it can shape people's perceptions. You didn't like BD last year? You were a hater to their fans/alums etc. Love Cadets? You're a borg. I know in the past when I've done reviews, a few corps fired back, and feedback I got was "wow, what a bunch of whiners who can not look at their show objectively".

And here, we have someone digging up a 3 year old review I did in a now closed thread. Be it one person or many, it CAN and DOES shape how people perceive a corps.

it's why few corps allow members to post, and in some cases, some corps made some wise moves doing it, and some even encourage fans and alumni to say little.

Edited by Jeff Ream

Well DCA use to be adult orientated and I thought it was pure bunk for management to try and tell adults not to do something like post on a public forum. I still feel that way when it comes to adults.

But DCA is no longer a adult orientated association so I guess they are free to tell the kiddies what to do.

adults can be worse than kids..remember the interent for all the good it does gave a voice to people who may have never been listened to ( and for a good reason )..As far as telling adults what to do..if it reflects badly on a corps the corps I think has every right to shut the person down....or out!!!!!!