Weekend Thoughts - Prelims and Finals

wrong or not, it's a fact of life, and not just on here.

someone has a bad experience at a restaurant, they will tell lots of people to avoid the place. The amount of damage one review on the thousand of reatraurant review websites can kill a place.

Well, the same phenomena can happen on DCP. If a corps is perceived as whiners, cocky, etc, people's perceptions of the corps can happen. It's not just Kilties, go read the junior forums as well.If on here a fan, alum, member, whatever comes to their corps defense, or attacks those that speak opinions on their shows, make excuses, whatever...it can shape people's perceptions. You didn't like BD last year? You were a hater to their fans/alums etc. Love Cadets? You're a borg. I know in the past when I've done reviews, a few corps fired back, and feedback I got was "wow, what a bunch of whiners who can not look at their show objectively".

And here, we have someone digging up a 3 year old review I did in a now closed thread. Be it one person or many, it CAN and DOES shape how people perceive a corps.

it's why few corps allow members to post, and in some cases, some corps made some wise moves doing it, and some even encourage fans and alumni to say little.

youre right on all accounts!!!

Then there's the question of if you see a couple of members of a group and how they act. If it's one person being a jerk you can probably think he's just a problem. But if you see more than one acting like a jerk (and no one in the group says anything) you do begin to wonder if that's how a lot of the groups members feel or act. Or at least you might think that the group condones such behavior.

And I know I'm not the only one who's seen a member of corps management coming on here to tell someone to cool it....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Then there's the question of if you see a couple of members of a group and how they act. If it's one person being a jerk you can probably think he's just a problem. But if you see more than one acting like a jerk (and no one in the group says anything) you do begin to wonder if that's how a lot of the groups members feel or act. Or at least you might think that the group condones such behavior.

And I know I'm not the only one who's seen a member of corps management coming on here to tell someone to cool it....

yep,.............kinda like gang rules,........if you fly the colors (uniform, corps jacket, etc) you represent the corps,................hence the reason our board refers to our corps jackets as "gang jackets",...........

I've seen it happen off of here too. In fact once I was asked to not post on RAMD, and I didn't even mention the corps at all.

wrong or not, it's a fact of life, and not just on here.

someone has a bad experience at a restaurant, they will tell lots of people to avoid the place. The amount of damage one review on the thousand of reatraurant review websites can kill a place.

Well, the same phenomena can happen on DCP. If a corps is perceived as whiners, cocky, etc, people's perceptions of the corps can happen. It's not just Kilties, go read the junior forums as well.If on here a fan, alum, member, whatever comes to their corps defense, or attacks those that speak opinions on their shows, make excuses, whatever...it can shape people's perceptions. You didn't like BD last year? You were a hater to their fans/alums etc. Love Cadets? You're a borg. I know in the past when I've done reviews, a few corps fired back, and feedback I got was "wow, what a bunch of whiners who can not look at their show objectively".

And here, we have someone digging up a 3 year old review I did in a now closed thread. Be it one person or many, it CAN and DOES shape how people perceive a corps.

it's why few corps allow members to post, and in some cases, some corps made some wise moves doing it, and some even encourage fans and alumni to say little.

Sorry I simply reject this idea that Kilties are any more guilty of hating criticism than anyone else. I have been on DCP since 02 before I joined the Kilties and for a long while I spent entirely too much time here. Kilties like everyone else occasionally piped in to register comments. And the usual suspects immediately start lighting their hair on fire. Its complete bs. Then someone always joins in with the completely unsubstantiated anecdote about this kiltie or that kiltie doing something which upset someones sensibility which they heard about from some friend at a show but didnt actually see themself.

I think it's because of the bad feelings remaining from prior to 2000. I think the first few years of Kilties Sr they were alot like Kilties Jr. Basically bad a*s*ses who didnt care who they ###### off. The DCA establishment here holds a grudge like a Serbian, they never let it go. So every comment from someone from our corps is met with the same overreaction. I watched seasons go by with this corps or that corps refighting battles from 20 years ago about some perceived slight. Let someone from Kilties opine and people (usually the aforementioned) lose their minds.

If someone chooses to like Kilties less because of my comments someone who is not marching nor is a representative of the corps, well that is pretty effing silly but so be it.

I didnt even know what DCA was, let alone the Kilties until 2006 and I see it more from them than any other corps. I dont read every single thread here on DCP but I dont see any Bucs, MBI, Empire, Govies, Fusion, etc. members posting NEGATIVE comments. Yes they post but do they get all pissy? Not really.

• Like 1

youre right on all accounts!!!

That pulled post gave a example of something that did happen, It did happen 3 years ago but none the less it did happen. I wrote it,it was true.. If you talk about perpetulating something look at the various posts by one person, mentioning the post that was pulled. It was like how dare you challenge me. When I wrote the post it was meant to be tongue in cheek about how not to write a critique. I did not mean to slam any one. It was written to point out,..If you write about it have your facts straight. If you write about something there are some who may not like it. But please tell me where it says,some one can write whatever they like, Good or bad ,and have it accepted as gospel. Does no one have the right to challenge them?

Can no one defend themselves?

I was over and done with this topic until my post was brought up again it.

Please move on.

Edited by JCSeymour

That pulled post gave a example of something that did happen, It did happen 3 years ago but none the less it did happen. I wrote it,it was true.. If you talk about perpetulating something look at the various posts by one person, mentioning the post that was pulled. I was over and done with it

Please move on,nothing here to see.

i dont care about any past post just talking about how posts in general can be damaging to a group and how many corps and winter programs dont want their members posting........relax cowboy.....lol read the post before you attack

Edited by GUARDLING

I didnt even know what DCA was, let alone the Kilties until 2006 and I see it more from them than any other corps. I dont read every single thread here on DCP but I dont see any Bucs, MBI, Empire, Govies, Fusion, etc. members posting NEGATIVE comments. Yes they post but do they get all pissy? Not really.

And again I will ask you to show the proof.