Finals predictions

i think you are UNDER estimate the power mega machine there......Cadets regualar cast offs aent exactly slackers Im sure

I think you are underestimating the will-power of these "regular cast offs." Most of those people will not live within a 4 hour driving distance and weekend-only corps rehearse much more than once a month... to much for that much airfare. There may be people in a close proximity that will march with them, but not many. I don't think someone that gets cut from Cadets that lives in Georgia is going to go and march with their DCA group.

Now, them changing their age to allow for recevent age-out of the past couple years will help (especially with their staff), but you are still only going to get people that are in a reasonable driving distance. Now, if they start busing people from far locations (like the Brigs did), that may be a different story. We will obviously see, but this is my opinion and I honestly do not think it is crazy for me to think this. They will be good (especially because of the team they have put together), and they will probably have many music educators supporting what they are doing, but I do not think they are going to be kicking down the doors of the top 5 this year.

... they may be knocking, however :tongue:

I think you are underestimating the will-power of these "regular cast offs." Most of those people will not live within a 4 hour driving distance and weekend-only corps rehearse much more than once a month... to much for that much airfare. There may be people in a close proximity that will march with them, but not many. I don't think someone that gets cut from Cadets that lives in Georgia is going to go and march with their DCA group.

Now, them changing their age to allow for recevent age-out of the past couple years will help (especially with their staff), but you are still only going to get people that are in a reasonable driving distance. Now, if they start busing people from far locations (like the Brigs did), that may be a different story. We will obviously see, but this is my opinion and I honestly do not think it is crazy for me to think this. They will be good (especially because of the team they have put together), and they will probably have many music educators supporting what they are doing, but I do not think they are going to be kicking down the doors of the top 5 this year.

... they may be knocking, however :tongue:

from what i hear several...not sure how many ageouts will be a part for several reasons...1 being to instill the cadet way to new comers but also becoming interns within the YEA umbrella.....they wont do this 1/2 way this I am sure of..where it ends up time will tell...but I do know they arent going to do this just for the hell of it

Edited by GUARDLING

I think everyone has forgotten that Kidgsgrove has already announced they are coming back over here next year-and based on their last visit, I don't think top 5 is outside of their potential, either...DCA is certainly going to have an interesting 2012 season!

yup. cabs will be out of the top 5.

Thanks, I won't bother trying. Glad you clarified for me! :thumbup:

• Like 1

I think everyone has forgotten that Kidgsgrove has already announced they are coming back over here next year-and based on their last visit, I don't think top 5 is outside of their potential, either...DCA is certainly going to have an interesting 2012 season!

Not everyone.

If u go back and look at my finals prediction I have them in the top 5.

Changes are coming that's for sure.

I am not sure who it's gonna be but someone is moving out off the top 5 this year. There are just too many corps waiting in the wings that could be a threat. renegades looked really strong this year. Kidsgrove I felt should have been in the top 5 in 2010 so if they can come in 2012 hitting on all cylinders and leave no doubt or room for the judges to give them a early low score they could be a threat. then there are cadets2.

I talked,chatted and spoke with a great many dedicated DCA fans and competitors over the championship weekend in Rochester. the general feeling/vibe I get from the majority of them is that Cadets 2 will be a threat. Lots of worried peeps that's for sure.

yup. cabs will be out of the top 5.

I disagree. I think they have had just about enough of 5th place and will come out swinging next year. I'm willing to bet that their administration learned from their mistakes last year and will make some good changes where necessary. Personally- given their brass and visual program in 2011 I think they were underscored.

My bet is Hurcs are out of the Top 5. IMO- without their guard being at such a high level in 2011, they would have been 5th or lower.

Still a lot of time left before Wildwood so who knows.

I am not sure who it's gonna be but someone is moving out off the top 5 this year. There are just too many corps waiting in the wings that could be a threat. renegades looked really strong this year. Kidsgrove I felt should have been in the top 5 in 2010 so if they can come in 2012 hitting on all cylinders and leave no doubt or room for the judges to give them a early low score they could be a threat. then there are cadets2.

I talked,chatted and spoke with a great many dedicated DCA fans and competitors over the championship weekend in Rochester. the general feeling/vibe I get from the majority of them is that Cadets 2 will be a threat. Lots of worried peeps that's for sure.

Anybody that's worried now may have already lost to them, imo

• Like 2