College Marching Bands with the most...

I know Texas State University's Bobcat Marching Band had quite a few corps people, both before I got there and while I was in it.

"We're here live at the concert hall <sounds of mooing in the background>" :tongue:

Wonder what West Chester, PA has anymore, had Bucs, Bushwackers, Westshoremen in the all-age ranks and can only guess at the Jrs.

We have quite a few at west chester, especially in the guard.. Some current members and recent age outs.

Cadets

Crossmen

Crown

Phantom

Glassmen

Blue Stars

Surf

Raiders

Bucs

Cabs

Hurricanes

a lot of Bucs and Cabs. Maybe even some Bush. And heck... I wouldn't be surprised with Bridgemen.

Bluecoats at one point...

Drumline last year had a TON of drum corps guys. I don't think as many this year... but still good amount.

Hornline has a few here and there. Mainly trumpets and a couple baritones. Some tubas...

• Like 1

Slide Trombones

Sousaphones

Well, there goes THAT argument.

Garry in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Glad somebody caught it :thumbup:

Another set of albums on my "Convert to CD" list as I have a burner.

And for us non-New Yawkers... "Horn & Hardart" (Concert(?) for Horn & Hardart) refers to the old automat where you'd feed the machine and get food. Took me years until I found that out.

I do not know if this is still the case, but when I was at JSU in 2008, the Southerners had somewhere around 80-85 drum corps members.

Weedy is right, When I was a freshman in 2007 close to 100 people in the band had marched corps at some point in time and while Spirit did have a large showing, my last year in 2009 we had people from BD, Cavaliers, Crown, Bluecoats, Phantom Regiment, Madison Scouts, Troopers, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few people.

Other,

I understand the fine musicians who played the double reed slide music stand had difficulties making corps because of embouchure problems.

Kevin Doherty

UNT has a ton of kids because Paul Rennick is on faculty there. A lot of the percussion students either auditioned for or made Vanguard, and there were a couple in Blue Knights, Phantom, Crown, and I know there are at least a few brass players that marched Crown and BD.

University of Southern North Dakota @ Hoople

:worthy: Thank you ole PDQ