Cadets 2 Announcement

jkmummer

I personally believe that with Cadets coming off a Championship year, we might see a good amount of their age-outs in their DCA corps. They have the potential to come out year one and win in my opinion if they can get a full corps of Cadets alumni within the 18-25 range. Good luck to them! :thumbup:

So much for the theory they won't launch themselves into the top 5

• Like 1

a couple of reactions from this..

One is that Rich Hammond is a major loss for the Bucanneers Organization. He has been there Since 2002 and has meant a great deal to thier current run. On the otherside I dont believe that extending the age to 25 for former marching members of the Cadets is that big of pool.. Many people are who march Cadets are not from the immediate area and I dont think they will have that many ageouts marching with them. Also people who are putting them at the top starting from scratch are mistaken. They will have the majority of thier membership comprised of raw yet talented kids who couldnt make the 150 that comprise the Cadets. As good as Blue Devils B and Vangaurd Cadets are neither one would have Won DCA this year and that is on an everyday schedule not a weekend only rehearsal schedule. Corps like Empire, Bucs, Cabs, Hurcs, and MBI do have alot of youth in thier corps, but draw alot from thier experienced membership that could be 30 or 40 years old that know what it takes to perform at a high level with only weekends to rehearse. All this being said I'm excited to have another competitve all age corps in Open Class and wish everyone well for the upcoming season.

As good as Blue Devils B and Vangaurd Cadets are neither one would have Won DCA this year

Interesting.

Just to extend that, which DCI corps do you think *could* have won DCA this year?

Or, if you'd rather spin it around, what place do you think MBI and Bucs would have received at DCI Championships this year?

Edited by corpsband

As good as Blue Devils B and Vangaurd Cadets are neither one would have Won DCA this year and that is on an everyday schedule not a weekend only rehearsal schedule.

I think both Blue Devils B and Oregon Crusaders would have won DCA had they competed this year. The only corps in the last several years that would have been competitive in DCI would be 2009 Bucs.

So much for the theory they won't launch themselves into the top 5

Why, did that theory go away? Everything is a theory until its proven otherwise. They may very well get into the top 5, but we won't know until we see them in action. I have no doubt that they will put out a quality product, but we will see.

Interesting.

Just to extend that, which DCI corps do you think *could* have won DCA this year?

Or, if you'd rather spin it around, what place do you think MBI and Bucs would have received at DCI Championships this year?

I would have to say that I think BDB could have won DCA, but I do not think Vanguard Cadets could have. With that being said, those two corps visual numbers would have had a huge margin on them, but does anyone think either of those colorguards could beat the Hurcs or hornlines could beat MBI? I don't really think so. GE is subjective, so I don't know how that would have placed.

Interesting.

I'd just like to note that those are two very different questions.

In the hypotheticals you ask above, I don't think BDB or Oregon Crusaders would have won DCA....but I also don't think MBI or Bucs would have won DCI open-class. The two circuits have different judging criteria, and their corps develop different attributes as a result.

Now, if a corps from one circuit was going to compete in the other in real-life, they would undoubtedly make changes to show design or performance style (or both) to adapt to the criteria of the other circuit. We can only guess how well they'd fare at that.

I'd just like to note that those are two very different questions.

In the hypotheticals you ask above, I don't think BDB or Oregon Crusaders would have won DCA....but I also don't think MBI or Bucs would have won DCI open-class. The two circuits have different judging criteria, and their corps develop different attributes as a result.

Now, if a corps from one circuit was going to compete in the other in real-life, they would undoubtedly make changes to show design or performance style (or both) to adapt to the criteria of the other circuit. We can only guess how well they'd fare at that.

Which is precisely why I asked it as two separate questions. :-)

I think both Blue Devils B and Oregon Crusaders would have won DCA had they competed this year. The only corps in the last several years that would have been competitive in DCI would be 2009 Bucs.

I agree to disagree with this point.. I think Bucs and MBI would have won DCI open Class this year.. and even if they didnt the difference in rehearsal schedule was my major point. Take Blue Devils B and give them only weekends to rehearse and thier product would not be on the Level of Bucs or MBI.. just my opinion

• Like 1