Cadets 2 Announcement

jkmummer

Take the brass lines/battery/front ens. from a few of your favorite local HS MBs. Have Bocook/Saktig/McNutt/Zuccala write the show. If you had that marching band weekends (9am Sat to 3pm Sun) from May to September and had one weekend a month in the off-season, where would they end up on labor day weekend?

It all depends on the instructional staff, and who's running ensemble rehearsals.

It all depends on the instructional staff, and who's running ensemble rehearsals.

Pick a staff from a couple of schools with a proven track record. Obviously you're gonna drop some people and add other -- no need for ww techs , etc... (and the staff will probably be larger than your avg hs band).

Edited by corpsband

If it sounded like I was trying to have my cake and eat it too, thats not where I wanted to go. I FIRMlY believe that MBI and Bucs were both good enough to win Open Class this year. But I tried to get back to my main point, even the best possibly scenario for a Cadets feeder corps (BDB) would not be heads and shoulders better than DCA's top corps WITH the difference in rehearsal time. Cadets 2 is going to be comprised of raw yet talented kids who have no prior drum corps expierence rehearsing only on weekends. Thats not a recipe for the top spot in DCA.. especially the first year out.

I know where you were going with that :-) It was just funny to read "they would win and even if they didn't win" !!

I'm not sure I agree with you about Bucs and MBI winning Open Class BUT (with the Reading show rained out) I didn't catch any DCA live this year (at least not at a show -- I saw some rehearsal).

As for C2, there are too many unknowns right now to make a prediction. I have no idea what the turn out will be for auditions nor do I know how many age outs they'll actually convince to march. Just a handful of age outs (1 or 2 in each section) would make a tremendous difference. But it's not hard for me to imagine C2 being a contender their first season out *if* everything falls into place. Another point: good design is half the battle and their design will be top notch.

It's gonna be fun to see how it all plays out. I know they'll probably get me out to a 2nd DCA show if they're not at Reading -- I mostly went to that show just to support the kids I knew who were marching.

Edited by corpsband

Bucs will no doubt be a quality program without Rich.

See, in 1994 and 95, Bucs had not made finals. Beginning in 1996, the corps began the crawl up the ladder you see today, being in the top 3 severaltimes from 1999 til the run began in 2005.

Yes, Rich had a huge impact on the Bucs, but I am sure their management will not hire some slouchto take over.Jimmy, the committeeetc....they know what they are doing

I think Jeff and John may be onto something, since they both have experience in that organization. From what I've seen as a drum corps fan, it seems that organizations who function well as organizations have that success spill out onto the field. Success on the field isnt a magic act or lightening in a bottle by some dream staff that created a dream program but a result of having your internal stuff together. Seems like Reading has had its stuff together internally for longer than they had this or that instructor, so assuming that approach doesn't change the corps will be fine. My guess is it they won't be better or worse, just a little different. Change now and then with staff could be a good thing, right?

Is there any speculation who the instructional staff will be?

Are the entire brass and percussion staff from The Buccaneers the last few years going to be at Cadets2?

What about Colorguard????

Olive

Is there any speculation who the instructional staff will be?

Are the entire brass and percussion staff from The Buccaneers the last few years going to be at Cadets2?

What about Colorguard????

Olive

well gino is with Cadets 2 for sure as far as guard I think the current staff of Cadets at that level would be a part of Cadets2............

Hmmmm, interesting! Me thinks George is putting together a huge list of big names to get the membership to sign the contract and slap over that speculated $1000 tution he posted on facebook about. Considering Jeff and Gino are primary Cadets people, what will happen from the end of May until the 2nd week of August? Will they then come around for the last 3 weeks, walk out with the corps for finals week and expect a win?? Although Rich and Eric are fairly local people and can do amazing things, I just hope this is not all hoopla to get poor unsuspecting local high school kids and their families to shell out money and time for something that is just that...hoopla!

Just seems shady at best!

Hmmmm, interesting! Me thinks George is putting together a huge list of big names to get the membership to sign the contract and slap over that speculated $1000 tution he posted on facebook about. Considering Jeff and Gino are primary Cadets people, what will happen from the end of May until the 2nd week of August? Will they then come around for the last 3 weeks, walk out with the corps for finals week and expect a win?? Although Rich and Eric are fairly local people and can do amazing things, I just hope this is not all hoopla to get poor unsuspecting local high school kids and their families to shell out money and time for something that is just that...hoopla!

it for sure will be at the highest quality..thers no doubt of that...why else would they do it....common now :blink:

Or maybe getting a crew of people who can get a new corps up and running healthy. Having a corps the first few years seems to be easier than keeping it going now a days.