Crown Announces 2012 Percussion Team

Phan89

was the caption head at scouts? or just the writer?

"Arranger & Caption Supervisor"

Nick Angelis was Caption Head.

I don't get it. Was Madison's biggest drumline problem last year purely talent? I think not. Here's hoping Crown's drumline makes top 12 this year.

Don't underestimate Hannum. Regardless of staff, a group that was in the top 4 the year before will always outdraw a group that was in the bottom 6 when auditions roll around. When you have a bigger talent pool to draw from, you're already starting ahead. I'm not the biggest fan of Hannum's style, but there's no question he knows what he's doing. It will be interesting to see how he does with a different talent pool this year.

The strange thing about these two staff moves in particular is that both corps suffered from underachieving percussion sections most of the year. Whether this can be attributed to staff, I don't know. It is interesting that these two specific corps would be the ones swapping.

All of that said, that's the beauty of the drum corps season. We will actually get to see what happens, rendering all of this speculation completely meaningless.

Also keep in mind that Hannum and Klesch are long time collaborators. They have worked together for years at UMass, which has a pretty kick-### Marching Band. There should be a great deal of synergy coming from these two.

Massachusetts invades South Carolina.

Seriously though, this is huge news. Thom has what it takes to turn their drumline into one of the best next season, which definitely has ranking implications...very interested to see where this goes, and what Crown comes up with show-wise now...

kinda seems like a lateral move on the part of both corps. Obviously these were weaknesses of both this past season and it just seems that theyre desperate to find an answer.

Does anyone else find all these staff changes going on in the top 12 odd or is just me?

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

The strange thing about these two staff moves in particular is that both corps suffered from underachieving percussion sections most of the year. Whether this can be attributed to staff, I don't know. It is interesting that these two specific corps would be the ones swapping.

Seems to me like a win for both sides, Hannum may be able to bring Crowns prec. past the wall they've seem to hit w/Lee, and i have no doubt that Lee will elevate Madison.

• Like 1

kinda seems like a lateral move on the part of both corps. Obviously these were weaknesses of both this past season and it just seems that theyre desperate to find an answer.

Does anyone else find all these staff changes going on in the top 12 odd or is just me?

Maybe they're just better fits? This kind of thing happens in the NFL all the time. A coach has a bad couple years at one team, and is released into a slathering group of teams busting at the seams to pick him up.