Contemporary patriotic-influenced symphonic works

Can I be the first to suggest the Team America theme song? America, **** Yeah! :devil:

• Like 5

Can I be the first to suggest the Team America theme song? America, **** Yeah! :devil:

FOR THE MOTHER F-ING WIN!!!

Rushmore - Alfred Reed

American Faces - David Holsinger

Ever Braver, Ever Stronger - Gordin Goodwin

Edited by DCIfan90

I don't think anyone has attempted Charles Ives' "Variations on America" yet. I would love see someone take that on!

My suggestion "George Washington Bridge" by William Schuman

Thank you, but I'm not sure a piece about a bridge would be considered patriotic, even if it is named after the "Father of Our Country."

• Like 1

Roughriders, by Charles Booker

http://charlesbooker.com/releases/TheRoughRider.html

Good piece. Not my favorite composer, but this piece in particular would work anywhere.

And maybe the patriotism isn't as blatant in the source, but I consider Teddy a true american patriot and the content is very thematic/triumphant/patriotic sounding to me. There is also a section that has a very strong hint of battle hymn in it.

Plus, it was written for a military ensemble as a patriotic commemoration.

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken

Thank you, but I'm not sure a piece about a bridge would be considered patriotic, even if it is named after the "Father of Our Country."

Now why on earth would someone downrate that? I didn't insult anyone. The piece is about the bridge...nothing more. It evokes the feelings the composer had when looking at it. Yes, it's majestic, but patriotic? (And it is a magnificent piece of music, especially if one grooves on bi-tonality.)

• Like 1