Favorite Front Ensembles of DCI

Who is your favorite DCI front ensemble? Do you have a different favorite pit every summer or are you faithful to one particular group? What do you like about that ensemble? DCP doesn't talk about the PIT enough, they are a HUGE and growing part of DCI. Let's get this going..

I'll start, Carolina Crown (in my opinion) has one of the best front ensembles ever. Yes, I am aware that they hit the poo out of their boards.. but they look and sound GREAT. However, I do appreciate other pits as well.. I love me some cavies and bluecoats but crown is always my favorite.

• Like 1

Feels like I say something about the pit in EVERY post I made :P

I have enjoyed many pits over the ages. Mid 80's SCV really had some interesting instrumentation and laid the groundwork for the front ensembles we have today (I think anyway). Pits these days are overdoing it for my taste. Because of that .. I try as best I can NOT to listen to them anymore. So I guess I'm out of this thread.

• Like 1

Who is your favorite DCI front ensemble? Do you have a different favorite pit every summer or are you faithful to one particular group? What do you like about that ensemble? DCP doesn't talk about the PIT enough, they are a HUGE and growing part of DCI. Let's get this going..

I'll start, Carolina Crown (in my opinion) has one of the best front ensembles ever. Yes, I am aware that they hit the poo out of their boards.. but they look and sound GREAT. However, I do appreciate other pits as well.. I love me some cavies and bluecoats but crown is always my favorite.

1980 27 Lancers

The correct answer is Blue Devils 92-99 - Jeff Lee was/still is the master. :thumbup:

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1