What's Next for Pioneer

Consider all the 'dark' show themes lately - a Pioneer show theme based on 'The Troubles' could be a big winner!

Not to mention it could include a drum solo of 'Another One Bites the Dust'

Genocide, homicide and terrorism used for entertainment purposes? No thanks.

Anyway, my purpose in posting was to suggest that it is silly to suggest that a corps not bother trying to thrive in a selected location simply because there are other thriving corps nearby.

I misread this first time and was going to ask. Now I see and have new questions since I don't have a clue (again)....

Roughly what percentage of a WC corps comes from the local area?

Same question except for Pioneer. Since they're the thread subject and have read about the overseas members.

<Hiding before someone talks about Boston and Florida :tongue: >

Actually, there were some things that we have recognized as being broken, and we are working to fix them. Contrary to popular belief, nobody within the corps has been satisfied with the results in recent years (Roman included). It's not an overnight process, unless you want to break the bank and put the corps' future at risk. Even then, there's no guarantee that you will succeed as money can't buy everything... including success.

One example of improvement, which was an area that was brought up repeatedly last off season, was quality of transportation. Outside of the one published mechanical issue involving our food truck, the season pretty much went off without a hitch.

Baby steps! We're at the point where it literally is about being Better Every Day!

Thank you for the reply!

I should clarify, in writing my post, I was speaking in terms of show design, and educational philosophy. Not so much in terms of business, finances or logistics.

All the best!

Tony

Can we just end this now? Isn't this the third Pioneer thread of similarly useless and usually baseless bantering degenerating into personal attacks?

Please mods, help us out.

Can we just end this now? Isn't this the third Pioneer thread of similarly useless and usually baseless bantering degenerating into personal attacks?

There are also constructive suggestions and expressions of support for Pioneer here. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.

agree.......they are going to do what they are going to do PERIOD!!there were suggestions for years...and they will as always do what they want

As hysterical it is for everyone that visits this topic to see your rantings. Can I just ask how this helps pioneer? Or how this attaches to pioneer?

OK thanks ><

As frustrating as it is, this is the way every single one of these threads about Pioneer ends up going. I tried to keep the peace in one of them earlier this year and people jumped all over me for interrupting their bickering and personal attacks on one another.

There's been a lot of positive insight shared in all of these threads if you read between the nonsense and personal attacks. Much of this insight has made it back to the people who can make a difference. More importantly, there is a growing interest from various alumni to try and make a difference in the direction of the corps. There are several fundraising ideas in the works and we're exploring ways to get more people involved in the corps. Brighter days are ahead...

Actually, after SEEING Pioneer live and up close this year I thought that the individual performers got a TON better as the year went on. Was Pioneer small? Yes....but so was Future Corps in Disney World and I really don't think anyone would say they needed to change.

Actually, after SEEING Pioneer live and up close this year I thought that the individual performers got a TON better as the year went on. Was Pioneer small? Yes....but so was Future Corps in Disney World and I really don't think anyone would say they needed to change.

whats future corps at Disney have to do with DCI WC competiting Drum Corps.... :blink: and where is future corps now by the way....lol