Favorite Crossmen Show Ever

Favorite Crossmen Show  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Crossmen Show?

• 1977- Marche Slave, Let's Hear It For Me, Nadia's Theme, Bless The Beasts And The Children, Russian Christmas Music
    • 1978- Jazz Rhapsody, Something, It's Gonna Be A Great Day (from Funny Lady), Let's Hear It For Me (from Funny Lady), Tico Tico, Russian Christmas Music
    • 1980- Pictures De España, Tiger Of San Pedro, Spanish Fantasy, Jack Miraculous, Superman Medley
    • 1981- Explosion, Something, Spanish Fantasy, Bustling, Overture To Rocky II
    • 1982- Artistry In Rhythm, Shoshana, Canto Del Viento, Russian Christmas Music
    • 1984- Ruslan And Lyudmila, Shoshana, Canto Del Viento, Let Me Try Again
    • 1989- Wind Machine, The Waltz, How High The Moon
    • 1990- Baroque Samba, 'Round Midnight, Caravan, Now Or Never
    • 1991- "Pat Metheny Suite" Minuano, Dream Of The Return, Third Wind
    • 1992- "Songs for the Planet Earth" Begin Sweet World, Appalachian Morning, The Four Elements, The Rain Forest, Under The Sun
    • 1993- "Songs for the Planet Earth Part II: A Celebration of Humanity" Fanfare For The Common Man, Myth America, Koto Song, River Music, Frieda, Anthem For Humanity
    • 1994- "Songs for the Planet Earth Part III: Suite Children" Land Of Make Believe, Children Will Listen (from Into The Woods), Pop Goes The Weasel, Songs For The Planet Earth Finale
    • 1995- The School For Scandal Overture, Symphony for Brass and Percussion
    • 1996- "The Voices of Jazz" The Sultan Fainted, A Nightingale Sang In Berkeley Square, Birdland
    • 1997- "The Colors of Jazz" Birdland, You Are My Sunshine, Niner-Two
    • 1998- "The Music of Pat Metheny" Third Wind, Letter From Home, First Circle
    • 1999- "Changing Perspectives: A Silver Celebration" Blue Shades, When October Goes, Appalachian Morning
    • 2000- "Clubbin' with The Crossmen" In The Mood, Caravan, Nobody Does Me (Like You Do), Birdland
    • 2001- "Late Night Jazz" Harlem Nocturne, Flyin' Home, Guaguanco, Fire Dance
    • 2002- "The Signature Series" Heat Of The Day, Candle In The Window (from Civil War: Our Story In Song), Strawberry Soup
    • 2003- "Color" Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Welcome To The St. James Club, Blue Rondo A La Turk, Count Bubba
    • 2004- "E Pluribus Unum" Jubal Step, Both Sides, Now Puma, First Circle
    • Other

Ready for a weird answer? 2005. Just a feel-good, melodic show. Beautiful ballad, fun closer.

I don't think there can be a weird answer to this question. You know what you like and it is your personal preference........... great choice by the way.

I have only included the years they made finals.

Years ago the Crossmen had some very fun and entertaining shows, and if last year (2011) is any indication, it looks like they are getting back to that type of show.

They rocked in 79 as well, just not quite at much as the Troopers (at least in the one performance that counted)

They rocked in 79 as well, just not quite at much as the Troopers (at least in the one performance that counted)

Yes, Troopers did in the one that counted.

Not starting a controversy just asking . . .

Was the Associates Championships (for corps 13-18) in 79 (the only year they were held) planned before coming to Birmingham?

I seem to remember some noise back then. I had aged out by then and wasn't there.

Loved the 79 version of Superman better than 80. Also still like listening to 77 & 78.

Love the 92 show the best. I think it was the best overall designed show for Crossmen.

My soprano player is showing. . .

1981. . . jazz. . . screaming. . . awesome!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Favorite one to arrange?

2002. . . though I have this feeling that 2012 is going to replace that vote shortly.

:music:

If that's the case I'm very excited to see this years program.