Bringing Back Classic Programs

1. Star of Indiana 1990..... I have waited for redo of this one for a long, long time...and by a mile in terms of anything else I would like to see redone. If Crown ever decided to go heavy classical and bring it back, or if SCV wanted to do a Shaw arrangment of it.....win.

2. Blue Devils 88......Not so much the music but that style of the way the show was designed and the music was arranged. Big Band Hits. And with that show, a closer that is a ballad...Then close it all out with crowd accessible brass tag ending. I think BD had " that feeling" going this year with the House is not a Home reprise to close. I loved it. It brought some feeling of 88 back for me.

3.Madison Scouts- A show with Rememberance, with a side order of some Don Ellis tunes.

4. Crossmen 1991 ...Not literal, as I would also like to see other tunes from Metheny's "Still Life Talking" added Add "Its Just Talk "and a pre show of the introduction of Minuano (6/8). Keep the drum solo, ballad, and Third Wind.

5. Blue Devils 1993- unleash your horn line.

6. An all Adams show, mixing some familiar tunes from the past (Short Ride, Wild Nights, pieces from Nixon in China) with new ones.

7. Cadets 1990- I like the Idea of some of the tunes from that year and 86 being revisited for the 2009 season....before they went all WSS. I would like for them to revisit that idea again, somewhere down the line.

I really liked that idea in a prior post of BK doing Trittico again. With the design team they have now, that would be very entertaining.

• Like 1

Phantom Regiment = Symphonie Fantastique (I actually enjoyed thier '85 show!)

I have been waiting and waiting for them to do this one again. I LOVED this show!

Since my favorite corps (Suncoast) is no longer around, I'd love to see/hear Crown do "A Florida Suite"

Good discussion. Would you like to see a new take on these revisited charts or a close copy of what has already been done?

87 & 96 Regiment.

84 & 92 Devils

87 Skyriders

84 Spirit

finally... 09 Regiment.

Don't shoot me, but I always loved BD's "Tommy" show. The horns were just awesome all show long, particularly during that ending.

:thumbup:

Phantom Regiment = Symphonie Fantastique (I actually enjoyed thier '85 show!)

:thumbup:

And while we're digging up old shows, we might as well dig up old corps and have Star do Roman Images again.

Or we could have Crown do it for them!

• Like 1