Favorite Bluecoats Show Ever

Favorite Bluecoats show  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these is your favorite Bluecoats show?

• 1987- Bye Bye Blues, Autumn Leaves, Body and Soul
    • 1988- Old Black Magic, Take Five, Autumn Leaves
    • 1989- Johnny One Note (from Babes in Arms), My Funny Valentine (from Babes in Arms), Sing Sing Sing
    • 1990- Caravan, I Got It Bad and that Ain't Good, Don't Get Around Much Anymore, It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Swing
    • 1991- Nutville, Palokaville, A Whiter Shade of Pale
    • 1992- "A Day in the Life" Nowhere Man, Eleanor Rigby, The Long and Winding Road, Penny Lane, A Day in the Life of a Fool, The End
    • 1993- "Standards in Blue-A Tribute to Dizzy Gillespie" All The Things You Are (from Till the Clouds Roll By), 'Round Midnight, A Night in Tunisia
    • 1994- "Blues" Things Ain't What They Used to Be, Blues for Alice, In a Sentimental Mood, Sandu, C Jam Blues
    • 1995- "Homefront: 1945" Come Rain or Come Shine, Shippin Out, I'll Be Seeing You, Newsreel, Sing Sing Sing
    • 1996- "American Celebrations" My Funny Valentine (from Babes in Arms), Big Day in Bristol, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Strike Up The Band, (from Strike Up the Band) Prophet's Margin, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Auld Lang Syne
    • 1997- "Midnight Blue...Jazz After Dark, The Bluecoats' Way" Harlem Nocturne, Moon, You and the Night and the Music
    • 1998- "The Four Seasons of Jazz" Winter, It Might as Well Be Spring, Summertime (from Porgy and Bess), Autumn Leaves
    • 2000- "Threshold" Intro, And on the Sixth Day, The Witch Air Antique, Finale
    • 2001- "Latin Sketches" Intro, Candelabra Rhumba, Red Cape Tango, Tango-Finale
    • 2002- "Urban Dances" Sunrise, Paradise Utopia (from Concerto for Bass Trombone), Reflection (Overture from Dancer in the Dark), Pedal to the Medal (from Motor City Triptych)
    • 2003-" Capture and Escape" Time To Take Back the Knights, Adagio for Theresa, Mediterraneo, Libertango, Code Name: Eternity, Original
    • 2004- "Mood Swings" Ride, One Day I'll Fly Away (from Moulin Rouge), Hunting Wabbits
    • 2005- "Caravan" Caravan, Incantation (from Cirque du Soliel), Ombra (from Cirque du Soliel), Haji
    • 2006- "connexus." Roots of Coincidence, Distorted (from La Nouba), My Heart and I, The Tihai
    • 2007- "Criminal" Battle Music, Small World, Room Service, Smooth Criminal, Hummingbrrd, Timbuktu, Every Breath You Take
    • 2008- "The Knockout" On the Waterfront, The Boxer, Excerpts from the "Rocky" soundtrack
    • 2009- "IMAGINE" Imagine, Children's Hour of Dream, Hunting Wabbits 2, Sky Blue, Haitian Fight Song
    • 2010- "Metropolis: The Future is Now" 160 BPM, Aha!, Metropolis, Asphalt Cocktail
    • 2011- "Brave New World" Creep (Radiohead), Deus Ex Machina (Daugherty), Harvest: Concerto for Trombone (Mackey)

The Bluecoats have had some very fun and entertaining shows over the years, but I have only included the years in which they made finals.

2007 is my number 1, but 2005 is a close 2nd, and 1996 was a fun concept.

Edited by ibexpercussion

Lots of great choices. I was tempted to pick 2003 because that great concept doesn't get enough love around here. Ditto for 1995 where another excellent shows gets lost among many excellent patriotic shows.

There also were good picks in 2006 and 2010 for their overall excellence. And the Boxer alone makes 2008 replay worthy.

Still, if I can only pick one, then the one I'd want to watch is 2007's Criminal.

HH

My vote is for 2010.......... i had great seats in the oil can that year which helpedsatisfied.gif

I think their best show was the 2010 program, but my favorite show was the 2008 "Knockout" production. It was uncommonly clear for a show with a narrative, and it had a hundred little moments that just added to it.

Honorable mention - I still love the 1990 show with Caravan frontloaded on there.

Mike

1. 2006- "connexus." Roots of Coincidence, Distorted (from La Nouba), My Heart and I, The Tihai (best guard for BC to date) :worthy: MY HEART AND I :w00t: great tune BEST COATS TO DATE.

2. 1996- "American Celebrations" My Funny Valentine (from Babes in Arms), Big Day in Bristol, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Strike Up The Band, (from Strike Up the Band) Prophet's Margin, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Auld Lang Syne1987- Bye Bye Blues, Autumn Leaves, Body and Soul

3. 1988- Old Black Magic, Take Five, Autumn Leaves

4. 2005- "Caravan" Caravan, Incantation (from Cirque du Soliel), Ombra (from Cirque du Soliel), Haji

5. 1995- "Homefront: 1945" Come Rain or Come Shine, Shippin Out, I'll Be Seeing You, Newsreel, Sing Sing Sing :thumbup:

6. 2010 - "Metropolis: The Future is Now" 160 BPM, Aha!, Metropolis, Asphalt Cocktail :thumbup: (drums!!!)

7. 2007- "Criminal" Battle Music, Small World, Room Service, Smooth Criminal, Hummingbrrd, Timbuktu, Every Breath You Take :cool:

8. 2004- "Mood Swings" Ride, One Day I'll Fly Away (from Moulin Rouge), Hunting Wabbits

9. 2000- "Threshold" Intro, And on the Sixth Day, The Witch Air Antique, Finale :flower:This show is a gem

10. 2009- "IMAGINE" Imagine, Children's Hour of Dream, Hunting Wabbits 2, Sky Blue, Haitian Fight Song

11. 2008- "The Knockout" On the Waterfront, The Boxer, Excerpts from the "Rocky" soundtrack (horns :worthy: )

12. 2011 - "Brave New World" Creep (Radiohead), Deus Ex Machina (Daugherty), Harvest: Concerto for Trombone (Mackey)

Show Results

13. 1991- Nutville, Palokaville, A Whiter Shade of Pale <<-----Whiter shade of pale :worthy:

14. tied for the 14th spot..... the rest

Edited by Cop

Had to go with "Criminal", although it was in a dead heat with "Knockout". Both great shows.

Whereas many corps get a lot of love for their "classic" (read also: dinosaur) productions, the Bluecoats have clearly hit their stride with engaging, exciting programming that also doesn't bore the pants of the VIEWER!

I voted 2008 but it was a difficult call!