Favorite Bluecoats Show Ever

Favorite Bluecoats show  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these is your favorite Bluecoats show?

• 1987- Bye Bye Blues, Autumn Leaves, Body and Soul
    • 1988- Old Black Magic, Take Five, Autumn Leaves
    • 1989- Johnny One Note (from Babes in Arms), My Funny Valentine (from Babes in Arms), Sing Sing Sing
    • 1990- Caravan, I Got It Bad and that Ain't Good, Don't Get Around Much Anymore, It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got That Swing
    • 1991- Nutville, Palokaville, A Whiter Shade of Pale
    • 1992- "A Day in the Life" Nowhere Man, Eleanor Rigby, The Long and Winding Road, Penny Lane, A Day in the Life of a Fool, The End
    • 1993- "Standards in Blue-A Tribute to Dizzy Gillespie" All The Things You Are (from Till the Clouds Roll By), 'Round Midnight, A Night in Tunisia
    • 1994- "Blues" Things Ain't What They Used to Be, Blues for Alice, In a Sentimental Mood, Sandu, C Jam Blues
    • 1995- "Homefront: 1945" Come Rain or Come Shine, Shippin Out, I'll Be Seeing You, Newsreel, Sing Sing Sing
    • 1996- "American Celebrations" My Funny Valentine (from Babes in Arms), Big Day in Bristol, Yankee Doodle Dandy, Strike Up The Band, (from Strike Up the Band) Prophet's Margin, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, Auld Lang Syne
    • 1997- "Midnight Blue...Jazz After Dark, The Bluecoats' Way" Harlem Nocturne, Moon, You and the Night and the Music
    • 1998- "The Four Seasons of Jazz" Winter, It Might as Well Be Spring, Summertime (from Porgy and Bess), Autumn Leaves
    • 2000- "Threshold" Intro, And on the Sixth Day, The Witch Air Antique, Finale
    • 2001- "Latin Sketches" Intro, Candelabra Rhumba, Red Cape Tango, Tango-Finale
    • 2002- "Urban Dances" Sunrise, Paradise Utopia (from Concerto for Bass Trombone), Reflection (Overture from Dancer in the Dark), Pedal to the Medal (from Motor City Triptych)
    • 2003-" Capture and Escape" Time To Take Back the Knights, Adagio for Theresa, Mediterraneo, Libertango, Code Name: Eternity, Original
    • 2004- "Mood Swings" Ride, One Day I'll Fly Away (from Moulin Rouge), Hunting Wabbits
    • 2005- "Caravan" Caravan, Incantation (from Cirque du Soliel), Ombra (from Cirque du Soliel), Haji
    • 2006- "connexus." Roots of Coincidence, Distorted (from La Nouba), My Heart and I, The Tihai
    • 2007- "Criminal" Battle Music, Small World, Room Service, Smooth Criminal, Hummingbrrd, Timbuktu, Every Breath You Take
    • 2008- "The Knockout" On the Waterfront, The Boxer, Excerpts from the "Rocky" soundtrack
    • 2009- "IMAGINE" Imagine, Children's Hour of Dream, Hunting Wabbits 2, Sky Blue, Haitian Fight Song
    • 2010- "Metropolis: The Future is Now" 160 BPM, Aha!, Metropolis, Asphalt Cocktail
    • 2011- "Brave New World" Creep (Radiohead), Deus Ex Machina (Daugherty), Harvest: Concerto for Trombone (Mackey)

Went with Criminal. Was the show that got me into drum corps to begin with but it's close with Knockout, 88, connexus, and Metropolis.

Lots of good ones to choose from.

87? There's something about a corps making Finals for the first time and just letting it all hang out. And of course, it was the birth of BLLLLOOOOOOOOOO!

89? Was my fave show for the longest time....until...

07? Best use of narration (Best one: "Stop! Drop your weapons! You have the right to remain silent!"). Great music, loved the "lasers" (which I found out later were retractable dog leashes). Music was great.

However...in a late round knockout, 08 got my vote. A wonderful production...good narration use, and for once, Rocky didn't sound cheesy.

Did like the '08 "Knockout" show. The part with the bass drum solo and the whole speed bag effect going on was really cool! :cool:

1987! That show was great; best version of "Autumn Leaves!" Props to the '86 'Coats for "Salt Peanuts."

why thank you

• Like 2

Can’t really compare, a few of their better ones

87’ they arrived

91’ first time I thought they showed themselves as a corps to watch, step up in design

94’ one of their best, most entertaining closers ever (old Bridgeman chart?)

95’ a tasteful America show, so very rare

06’ best overall package, killer music and visual, good execution

10’ good music, nice flow

2006 for the win, if I had to pick 1

I will say this much, 2011 is on of my favorites from this year as a whole. That brass line was unreal, and it may be one of those rare shows that I appreciated better on my iPod than the few times I saw it live. Yes they placed lower than in 2010, but 2011 would have been a top 5 show in 2010.

No drumset toms here:

the little fade away run at the beginining was pit toms. but once the basses started it was all them.