The DVD has landed

Got my Blu-ray today and took a look at about 1/2 of the performances so far.

It looks great but I have a sound issue....

The performances on both audio settings sound so compressed (dynamic range) that the sound almost disappears at each impact.

I have been using headphones so I don't wake the kids and maybe that is the issue. Has anyone else noticed this, or am I the only one?

I can't wait to see the multi-cam of The Cadets on the Blu-ray. I've seen two different versions of a multi-can video of The Cadets' finals performance, and I wasn't very pleased with the angles. Your post makes it sound like what's on the Blue-rays are great!

Yulp, the final cut is different than what is seen on TFN.

I'm not the only one who hasn't received them yet, right?

I have not received my Blu-ray yet. I ordered via DCI FanNetwork package (Live+Blu-ray). Got my CDs in the mail, but no Blu-ray yet.

I haven't received 'em yet; FWIW I ordered them Finals day with the FN package. But I live in So CA, pretty far from where the Blu-rays are mailed from, so I'm not worried. I'm patiently waiting for them. Back when I marched in the 90's we would get stuff around this same time (around Thanksgiving), and this is FAR better quality so IMO I'm still coming out ahead!

Haven't received my Blu-Ray yet. I ordered through the FN months ago. Hoping that it arrives today.

Same here. Ordered it through the FN also. I haven't even gotten a shipment notification email.

My blu-ray arrived last night. Was able to watch 6 of the corps last night (including all corps that were "edited"). Honestly, they did a great job with the edits.

I've seen Crown live in person, once on a webcast, and once during the quarterfinals movie-broadcast so I was semi-familar with their show. I expected there to be this jarring edit right at the start where it appeared like part of the preshow was cutoff. Luckily, that wasn't the case at all. In fact, if I hadn't watched the show all season, I would have not have suspected any editing based on watching the blu-ray.

For the Cavaliers, they fade to a crowd shot during the transition of audio tracks that skips over the 30 second piece of music that was cut. Again, I wouldn't have suspected a thing if I hadn't known about the edits from this forum.

Finally, the blank screen for madison is obviously the most noticeable intrusion. Some text appears right before the song begins to play that says "video is not available due to copyright considerations". It was definitely weird watching drum corp on a blank screen while music was playing. The video turns on again right when the final note begins. Funny story, my 5 yo son was watching Madison with me and when he asked me "why did the screen go black?" the only answer I could give him that he would understand was "I'll explain it to you when your older". It's almost like he asked me "where do babies come from?"

Anyway, I think they did a great job given the circumstances.

• Like 3

Yulp, the final cut is different than what is seen on TFN.

what shots are different between the two? and any awesome close ups of that awesome ancient looking gargoyle stuff they have up front? :-D