The DVD has landed

How long does it usually take for you to receive them where you live?

Here in Montreal, Canada it takes at least an additional two weeks even though it is a major delivery hub in the eastern part of the country.

All my previous DCI orders have taken almost exactly 3 weeks to arrive here in the UK.

Not sure why. I wondered if the delay was customs related but when I order stuff from Rockford it only takes 1 week.

Don't think I have the option of express international delivery, snail mail only.

still haven't gotten mine, and i live in the US.

and dci could most definitely have informed fans that there would be additional edits to the DVDs and offered a refund. not a single reputable business out there that wouldn't.

i'm okay with it because i'll probably never watch the scouts show again, and i don't care about the other edits much more. but still.

Still waiting for mine. :sad:

I'll be doing my part next November. As for DCI execs, good luck.

I hear you on that. It is suddenly as if Cavaliers and Carolina Crown were disqualified for over aged members...They are made to simply disappear. ala Bridgemen 1977. DCI is the governing organization and they are not doing their jobs in securing music rights... if this is not their duty then whose is it? I really don't want to hear any more of the pass the buck crap that has been going on for a while. STAND UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY OR FIND ANOTHER JOB. What else do they do besides finding stadiums with crappy acoustics? I can't wait for the DCI main office apologist to launch their attack... I can take whatever can be dished..... But lets get real they have become too comfortable in their positions and are no longer responsible to the corps members or the fans who pay their salaries. (Can you tell I am mad?... I AM!) No more excuses.... if they cant do their jobs then it is time to find someone that can. Drum corp may be still be a non profit organization, but it is time to act a little more professionally.

P.S. This comment is obviously more in reference to the recent removal of Cavies and Crown from the fan network than DVD. There is simply no way I would order that from DCI at this point just to receive their surprise package of deletions.

Edited by musclebud
  • Like 2

wow... You people are amazing. So quick to blame DCI. Do you REALLY think that DCI just CHOSE not to get sync rights for this stuff, bc of money? Do you really think they want to be answering the phone calls and emails from you people complaining about the black-out on your DVDs?

Trust me - they didn't get the rights bc they couldn't. Period. Honestly, the Scouts staff knew this was a possibility when they got permission to arrange, and chose to go ahead with it. When you get arranging rights, you usually can get a pretty good idea about sync rights. TRUST ME, they knew.

And don't blame DCI for "tricking" you into buying DVDs and then telling you about the rights issues. I am sure they tried until DVD production/distribution began, and finally had to make the decision that they did.

It is absolutely 100% the corps responsibility to make sure they pick music that won't have issues, in my opinion. Just bc DCI has to secure sync rights doesn't mean they are going to check up on corps repertoires in the spring and say "hey, you may want to re-think...". That's not their job.

I guarantee you won't see a DVD from the Scouts with the full show - I spoke with someone very close to the corps, and the sync rights were DENIED. Not TOO EXPENSIVE. DENIED.

No one here is suggesting that DCI deliberately tried to pull the wool over anyones eyes. But at some point someone with the organization needs to stand up and take responsibility or at least give the fans a reasonable explanation. Leaving it to the fans to bicker over whose fault it is is not fair. Was it Phantom's in 2008... or Scouts, Cavies, or Crowns in 2011. We are owed an authentic explanation. It is time to quit passing the buck. DCI rules this activity with an iron fist and thus has a responsibility to the member organizations and the fans. This type of stuff makes the organization look completely incompetent. The fact that they left this discussion to those of us in the forums is simply inexcusable. Someone screwed up and it wasn't you or me.

Edited by musclebud
  • Like 2

I can take whatever can be dished.....

Not really though :thumbdown:

Posting anonymously is so brave, your my hero :rock:

• Like 3

seriously? Now I remember why I never post on here - you people don't listen. At all.

How can you ##### about the stuff on Fan Net being pulled? You want DCI to leave it up and get SUED over it? Again, if I'm gonna get mad, it's going to be at the corps staff that went ahead and programmed material they weren't 100% sure they could get copyright or sync-rights for.

You people complain a lot, but don't offer a solution. Because there ISN'T ONE, other than doing stuff that you know you can get permission for.

And stop "threatening" on a DCP forum to stop buying DVDs or Blu Rays from DCI. I'm sure they'll live without your $100, bc there are plenty of people that understand the copyright world and realize where the fault lies.

Anytime you do ANYTHING that isn't public domain, you risk not getting rights. PERIOD.

• Like 3

P.S. - Musclebud, they are giving a reasonable explaination - sync rights. That is perfectly reasonable.

As far as Phantom - did you ever think that maybe that was at the request of the corps? A la Crown 2010, when the kid blew out his leg? (which was HORRIBLE... happened right in front of me)

• Like 3

People are upset that DCI wasn't up front about the edits to Crown and Cavies. We all knew about Madison. But nothing about Crown and Cavies being edited as much as they were.

To me, it's not that big of a deal. And it's up to DCI to obtain sync right.... i feel like we have gone over this a million times.

It was just bad business not being up front with the edits, WHILE taking the shows down off of FN out of no where. Bad moves. We are paying decent money for these things... I see no problem with people complaining when they weren't up front with what was going to be included on DVD. Kind of when they weren't clear that they were taking off all the judges and commentary....

Luckily, they have been putting out a consistently better product every year, especially now that we have been in the oil can for 3 years. They perfect their set up more and more, and the place is great for recording high quality video. No sun glare, consistent lighting, and they have dealt pretty well with the sound. In fact, I would rather watch the DVD than be there live, because unless to are sitting in a certain small area, it's sub par. (not to say if I had the money I wouldn't go anyway... it's still Finals...)

• Like 2