The DVD has landed

seriously? Now I remember why I never post on here - you people don't listen. At all.

You people complain a lot, but don't offer a solution. Because there ISN'T ONE, other than doing stuff that you know you can get permission for.

Wrong..... you make sure you get the permission before you put ink to paper. Which is exactly what you wrote. No one in their right mind would re-edit a Speilberg film without expecting to hear from his lawyers. This kind of stuff doesn't just hurt the people who purchase the DVD's or subscribe to the fan network. It also hurts the members of those corps who will have to live without an accurate recording of their performance.

Blah blah blah...What a bunch of #####y little kids. Get over it and move on. They look and sound great!

• Like 3

If you want a quality copy of DCI, junior drum corps for 2011, this is it. There is nothing better. Sorry, it sucks and I feel a little deceived. This is, however, the only copy around....

• Like 4

To those who received the CD: Are the cuts to Crown and Cavies also evident on the CD tracks?

I bought the CD/DVD package as a Christmas gift to my wife, I have yet to open them. As the holiday is still some time away I'm think of "testing" them to make sure that everythng is ok. I'm getting ichy from the wait.

I bought the CD/DVD package as a Christmas gift to my wife, I have yet to open them. As the holiday is still some time away I'm think of "testing" them to make sure that everythng is ok. I'm getting ichy from the wait.

I think you owe it to your wife to quality test the CD & DVD to ensure the high quality that she deserves :tongue:

I know this topic has kind of shifted, but after almost a full week with the Blu-rays I'm still pretty amazed with how great the quality of the audio & video. I would absolutely put it up against almost any other big studio Blu-ray release as far as production value, quality of transfer, etc. Watching the Blu-ray really does feel like DCI is in the 'major league' when it comes to product quality (I'm talking about production of the Blu-rays, not necessarily the quality of performance though that is also valid). I'm really amazed with how great the discs look/sound!

Last week there was talk about sentimentally missing the PBS broadcast, DCI on TV, etc. but you really will not see any better presentation of drum corps than these Blu-rays. I have DCI VHS tapes that look pretty horrible in comparison, and even the legacy DVD recordings couldn't hold a candle to the 2011 Blu-rays. I know DCI Finals was shot in HD this year which makes a substantial difference. However, I recall one year, maybe 1994, where a giant moth or something flew onto the camera during a corps and it was on the final videos :doh:

Seriously, if you are a DCI fan and can afford the upgrade I HIGHLY recommend you pick up the Blu-rays: you won't find anything of better quality, and honestly the edits to Crown and Cavaliers are extremely minimal, and really only effect samples and not actual membership playing.

Great product, and again props to DCI and their video production team!! :thumbup:

• Like 4