DCA DVD's and CD's....

Andyroo

Our director rec'd his copy (Alumni Show) yesterday...not good. The whites were washed, no sound during our show (really funny considering), bad color....he called & was told they fixed the issue & will be sending out new copies...first the wait, now this?? Oh well...he was so excited to pop it in!

I didn't have that problem. Video and Audio quality are great. Graphics editing however is a different thing all together. To my surprise the Reading Buccaneers placed 7th with an 89.00 at prelims. Nice comeback to place 2nd guys!!!!

Email Box5 through their website - they will tell you when it will ship, or if it did already.

I emailed the other day about the DVD bundle and CD bundle that I preordered back in August - they replied that it should ship by the end of this week.

Disappointed that I probably won't have it before Christmas - especially since I preordered and got the bundles, which is a larger order for them.

Oh well...hopefully it will be here next week some time. I know I will probably not preorder next year - I'll just wait until everything starts shipping and all the product details are finalized.

leed17

In the My Account part of the web site it tells you if it was shipped. I looked up mine and it Shipped last Friday. Hope I have my Christmas present on time.

For those that have received theirs, did you get the DVD only, or the DVD/CD Bundle. The Box 5 website says the DVD only does NOT have high Cam, only directors cut. Whereas the DVD with the Bundle says Both High Cam and Director Cut. I find it unusual that there would be two different finals DVDs. One person who got DVD only said there is NO high cam option on his DVD and are very disappointed. I ordered the bundle and expect a high cam option. Will be very frustrated if it is not one there.

Thanks

Flash

From what I am seeing on the box 5 website, NONE of the offerings, DVD or blu-ray offer a high-cam angle anymore.

Tim, can you give us any info on this, PLEASE!!??? A lot of us were expecting the same as last year with the two options of high cam or multicam.

Thanks

leed17

I know it was confusing to you guys. After looking at the website, I corrected the errors on the website. We are offering ONLY single angle versions of the DVD's and blurays. This was at the request of DCA after last years product release. If it is something that you guys really want, then let Mike Symonds know for future releases that you really want the high camera included on all the DVD's.

Hope that info helps.

tim

Our director rec'd his copy (Alumni Show) yesterday...not good. The whites were washed, no sound during our show (really funny considering), bad color....he called & was told they fixed the issue & will be sending out new copies...first the wait, now this?? Oh well...he was so excited to pop it in!

Willow Grove whammy is on my DVDs too as Reillys sound goes off after a minute or so. Was in a another room thinking "Man they're taking a while" and then I see the corps is playing but I'm not hearing it. Got mine this afternoon and spot checking corps and hope to really check by the next two weeks. Will let Box5/Tim know then what needs to be replaced.

LOL, also enjoyed the "Alumni Competition" on the menu screen. :cool:

Only weird thing I noticed is sound difference between Alumni and Finals. First tried Alumni show and had to crank the sound. Not a surprise as have to do that for a lot of newer movies we watch (think a mismatch with the older DVD and off-name TV). Then put in Empire (Finals) and Mr Haring about blow out the speakers when he intro'ed the corps.

Only listened to a few minutes of Minis (Kilties) and lot better than I expected. One year the CD was so bad, you could barely hear it without cranking the sound.

Not too upset as this is the third time in the past 8 or so years I had to replace a disc. Before Cabs Alumni had the wrong year on it and another year the CD just got "lost" while playing Sky Alumni. Dang Alumni types.... oh wait... :doh:

I know it was confusing to you guys. After looking at the website, I corrected the errors on the website. We are offering ONLY single angle versions of the DVD's and blurays. This was at the request of DCA after last years product release. If it is something that you guys really want, then let Mike Symonds know for future releases that you really want the high camera included on all the DVD's.

Hope that info helps.

tim

That is incredibly disappointing. I want to see the drill, if you want single angle, then high cam only would be much more tolerable then watching a closeup of someone while the coolest drill move is going on from up top. Sad! I based my order on the descriptions. Very frustrating.

This was at the request of DCA after last years product release.

This is incredibly hard to believe. Can you be more specific.

Thanks