DCA DVD's and CD's....

Andyroo

Received my DVD and CD of the Alumni show yesterday. Sat down to watch it this morning. I'm underwhelmed.

On the Freelancers' and Optimists' tracks it skipped right to the next corps before the corps' show was anywhere near finished. And on Reilly's track, there was absolutely no sound - from the beginning of their show to the end. And for some reason, I can't get the Bugles Across America track to open at all.

Overall, the entire project looked to be a bit "washed out" - especially the corps in white shirts (Park City, Hawthorne, etc.) The corps in darker shirts/jackets (Crusaders, St. Joe's, etc.) looked a bit better.

I will say, however, that the equipment on which the discs were being played is not top of the line. So, I'll be taking them into the office on Tuesday and running them there. We'll see what comes out.

I would add to the list of disappointment...but mine have yet to arrive...no Thanksgiving showing and now no Christmas showing. With the now surprise discount for ordering LATER, remind me again why I pre-ordered the DVD?

It was requested that we edit with more high camera in the edits and that we remove the high camera angle on the DVDs. I have a complete list of requested changes that we worked to add and improve on the product. This list included but wasn't limited to:

Cheaper Product

Single Angle DVD's

More High Cam in edits

More Honor Guard in edits

Audio clarification on 5.1 encodes

Bluray product delivery

DCA Designed DVD Covers

Larger Jib for production

And the list goes on .....

I have done what was requested. If you would like to have the high camera version please call me or send me an email. I'm sure everyone here can attest that I have been more than willing to work with everyone. IF you want to know more specifics about the DCA requests please contact me privately as I don't think its great for board material.

I'm positive we have put together a great product. The bluray and DVD's are on par with anything that is produced for the juniors and I'm positive you will enjoy them, especially your performance.

Tim

To my surprise the Reading Buccaneers placed 7th with an 89.00 at prelims. Nice comeback to place 2nd guys!!!!

:spitting:

ok...seeing all of this...let me know when everything is fixed...then i'll order

I would add to the list of disappointment...but mine have yet to arrive...no Thanksgiving showing and now no Christmas showing. With the now surprise discount for ordering LATER, remind me again why I pre-ordered the DVD?

A pleasant surprise holiday discount could had been easily a surprise price increase as well. Everything is market driven...ask the person who may have secured a HELOC at one long term reasonable rate, then seeing it being offered the next week at a lower rate; and to new customers as well. It sounds like Box5 has been very reasonable and willing to work with their customers........that's pretty cool in itself!

Thanks, Tim. I appreciate your openness. We'll be in touch.

Flash

It was requested that we edit with more high camera in the edits and that we remove the high camera angle on the DVDs. I have a complete list of requested changes that we worked to add and improve on the product. This list included but wasn't limited to:

Cheaper Product

Single Angle DVD's

More High Cam in edits

More Honor Guard in edits

Audio clarification on 5.1 encodes

Bluray product delivery

DCA Designed DVD Covers

Larger Jib for production

And the list goes on .....

I have done what was requested. If you would like to have the high camera version please call me or send me an email. I'm sure everyone here can attest that I have been more than willing to work with everyone. IF you want to know more specifics about the DCA requests please contact me privately as I don't think its great for board material.

I'm positive we have put together a great product. The bluray and DVD's are on par with anything that is produced for the juniors and I'm positive you will enjoy them, especially your performance.

Tim

Anyone else have a problem with using the menu to get to Govenaires? I tried and the DCD went to the corps before. Had to skip tracks to get to Govies.

Still looking and I work at finding problems with computer databases, programs and operating systems..... you have been warned Tim. :devil:

Showed up today Dad gets his Christmas present YEA

You're giving your father YEA for Christmas?? What's Hoppy gonna say about that?

But seriously, I received in today's mail a replacement for Disc 1 of the Alumni Set. I had had problems with the original - like no sound at all on Reilly's show - but never contacted Box 5 about them. They just sent this replacement.

I'll play it sometime over the next few days and let you all know if the problems that I experienced have been corrected.