The Sleeper

En929

It seems that I've been hearing a lot about the drumlines of Carolina Crown, the Blue Devils, the Cadets, the Bluecoats, and the Cavaliers, but it seems like a sleeper drumline has been Santa Clara Vanguard. They've been having some very musical, easy listening drumlines as of lately and they have been very clean (I'm always watching youtube videos on them). I've been likening them to listening to laid back orchestral music. But, it seems like I don't hear a lot about them as much anymore. They're starting to be one of my favorite drumlines to listen to.

loads have been talked about, especially with Rennick joining SCV and the entire massive improvement from 10 to 11.

sleeper? somewhat. People have been focused on the newest changes in SCV, such as gaining Shaw and most of the Bluecoats brass staff, so this past season less has been said about the percussion, that is not to say that the percussion wasn't good last year (it was very good) but the show was very percussion focused, which was their strongest point musically.

in 2009, their best year in recent years, the percussion finished 6th while the corps finished 4th.

2011 the corps finished 6th, but the percussion was 4th.

If SCV can build on that, without having to focus the show on the percussion, great things can happen.

loads have been talked about, especially with Rennick joining SCV and the entire massive improvement from 10 to 11.

sleeper? somewhat. People have been focused on the newest changes in SCV, such as gaining Shaw and most of the Bluecoats brass staff, so this past season less has been said about the percussion, that is not to say that the percussion wasn't good last year (it was very good) but the show was very percussion focused, which was their strongest point musically.

in 2009, their best year in recent years, the percussion finished 6th while the corps finished 4th 5th.

2011 the corps finished 6th, but the percussion was 4th.

If SCV can build on that, without having to focus the show on the percussion, great things can happen.

Fixed it. :tongue:

• Like 2

Blue Stars drum line. 2010 - 2011. Freaking. Fantastic. And not really talked about too much.

I feel the same about Vanguard, I think they got a little more credit than you're emphasizing, but that was one ridiculous group of kids playing out there. Definitely one to watch this season.

• Like 1

Nah. No one talked about that time when Paul Rennick went to SCV. Nothin' on DCP, that's for sure. :tongue:

Who is " SCV " ?

• Like 1

Could be a "sleeper" to win the whole thing in the next couple of years. If you call all the hype surrounding them making SCV a "sleeper corps."

It seems that I've been hearing a lot about the drumlines of Carolina Crown, the Blue Devils, the Cadets, the Bluecoats, and the Cavaliers, but it seems like a sleeper drumline has been Santa Clara Vanguard.

...But, it seems like I don't hear a lot about them as much anymore...

Well, if you're comparing hearing about them to hearing about the Kardashians, then you might have a valid point. :shutup: