Cadets2 question...

I have never heard one single brass/music tape, in any circuit, where the brass/music judge asked for more visuals. In fact, I believe you haven't either.

I have this past summer ( DCI ) I wouldnt say it was a regular thing on the tape but it was there But also just talked about the visual that was being done or how it was effecting the music ( good or bad )

I have this past summer ( DCI ) I wouldnt say it was a regular thing on the tape but it was there But also just talked about the visual that was being done or how it was effecting the music ( good or bad )

if the visual is affecting the music, then yes it should be mentioned.

• Like 1

if the visual is affecting the music, then yes it should be mentioned.

I just heard it all over ..lol...music people would throw it at me and say listen to all the visual comments or even suggesstions.......not condoning or agreeing if it should be done..just reporting.....lol.. :smile:

Edited by GUARDLING

I just do not see WHY this thread keeps continuing. (Cadets2 question - "Why DCA?".)

The answer is because they want too. They are no different than any other Corps under the Curent DCA Rules. (Not that what they are planning please's me. It does not.) But they do have every right to do what ever they want.

As far as I know there are no "Rules" that say anything (must have or can not have), about an Upper Age limit, Sex, Race, Religon or National Origion of members in any Corps In DCA.

So if you want add, change, remove, or re-word anything. 2012 IS a Rules Congress year. That is where this and any other thing must be done.

As far as I can read, nobody here has suggested to change any "rules" or that there is any illegal foul play happening. We are simply having a discussion.

• Like 1

Hello.

What is your name? My name is Glen Johnson.

There are four executive officers that run Drum Corps Associates.

I am one of them.

A few months ago, I received an email from a guy named George Hopkins. He said he wanted to put together a new drum corps made up of people aged 16-25. He asked if he could compete in DCA. I said "yes" . DCA has no age rules.

And that, was the end of that.

I don't know why Mr. Hopkins wants to create a drum corps and put it in DCA. There is one person on planet Earth that knows the answer to that question. That person is George Hopkins. His email address is hopkins@yea.org . If you ask him, he may tell you :)

Glen

I never doubted the legalities of the decision. Not once. Furthermore, I think (as one should be able to tell from reading my most recent posts) that I have accepted the idea of C2 in DCA as a reasonable decision.

• Like 1

You can argue that Cadets2 will have a "younger" membership...but remember this; The Cadets do extensive PT daily once spring training/ move-in happens in order to perform their show. Cadets2 will have the same rehearsal time constraints as most DCA corps. Doing PT only on the weekends won't make C2 into some superhero DCA juggernaut....but they will put out a great product I'm sure.

• Like 2