Standstill Charts

TOP hits - "You're Still A Young Man" and "What Is Hip?"

Forgot about the '84 Freelancers did you?

Yes...I mean NO!!! LOL

Forgot about the '84 Freelancers did you?

I've always liked "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie. Great groove and nice parts for both brass and pit.

Both Royal Brigade and North Star did "Sir Duke" in 1977, with North Star making Finals for the first time with the piece in 1978. Here's a link to the 1978 version of "Sir Duke" on DCI.org.

As for "Let's Go Crazy," that is my FAVORITE piece to play if I'm feeling down. (I wonder how or if it would translate without Prince singing it?)

3 things.

1) my first-ever time seeing and hearing this drum corps. Great group!

2) did that guy just get hit in the face with a pie, then play a contra solo?!?!?!?

3) all those sweet licks on two-valve piston-rotor horns, huh? Beastly.

"Tainted Love" (1981 version by Soft Cell)

"Blister in the Sun" (Violent Femmes)

Both Royal Brigade and North Star did "Sir Duke" in 1977, with North Star making Finals for the first time with the piece in 1978. Here's a link to the 1978 version of "Sir Duke" on DCI.org.

As for "Let's Go Crazy," that is my FAVORITE piece to play if I'm feeling down. (I wonder how or if it would translate without Prince singing it?)

Man.. great version of Sir Duke... would love to hear them play on modern horns. But... respect to them for pulling that off on those crazy sewing machine/chrome bumper horns. They would have been absolute monsters on proper gear.

I've always liked "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie. Great groove and nice parts for both brass and pit.

Glasgow Blue Barons played "All night long" as a drum solo when they won DCUK in 1985.

Steel drums and all.