Dick Pronti Passes

Later today, DCA will release details, but I can confirm that Dick Pronti passed at around 6AM today.

Dick was a great friend over these past 40 years. Please pray for Peggy, his children and grandchildren - not something you want to happen on Christmas Eve...

Dick was chairman and founder of the DCA I&E/Mini Corps Contest. He was also a past DCA Judging Coordinator, member of the New York Federation of Contest Judges and a long time advisor to the Hawthorne Caballeros...

It was my priviledge to serve as Visual Caption Chief under him. He was a dear friend and he will be missed...

Edited by TomPeashey

Prayers given for Dicks family and friends. Sad to think this will be part of the Christmas memories for them all.

Only talked to Dick a few times at DCA weekend but his caring is what we remember. Krista has a bad leg and we didn't know how we'd get around our first time Friday night. Swapped emails with Dick before we left for Rochester and there before I&E started we ran into him outside the hotel. You can imagine how swamped he was at that moment but he stoped to make sure we would be OK and could he do anything.

Krista and Jim Fawber

I so hoped the tough guy would improve. LOVED Dick, just a fine upstanding gentleman who always had time for you.

All my hopes to his family and friends during the difficult time!

Flash

I'm very saddened to hear this news. Many blessings and good intentions to the Pronti family.

RIP, and condolences to the Pronti family.

I am very sad that he passed away! Dick always answered my phone calls and was the kind of guy that you would volunteer for to help him during the I&E's and MiniCorps night. How could anybody say no to a guy that dedicated himself to the best Friday Nights activity preceeding DCA World Championships! First, I worked with Cozy Baker, and now Dick Pronti is gone. Man what a vacuum! RIP DICK

Edited by Shenandoah Vibrato