Dick Pronti Passes

I know the holidays are supposed to be a joyous time of year, but for the past 5 years, I just cant get into the spirit.

Mom passed 5 years ago, my best frind 4 years ago, my dad 3 years ago, another good friend last year, and now Dick.....all around the holidays.

Sometimes life is not fair, but I am truly blessed to have each and everyone one of these people in my life over the years.

Dick...I will miss your warm smile and your amazing friendship. My sincerest condolences to the Pronti family.

Rest in peace my friend.....

:flower:

It is little known that Dick Pronti offered many words of encouragement and advise to Shenandoah Sound. He inspired us and kept us going when we were struggling. He was that kind of guy! Totally dedicated to drumcorps!

Our Condolences to the Pronti Family from SoCal Dream.

I will truly miss Dick he was always so helpful with us making we got what we needed...

Oh my... so very sorry to hear this news.

Dick was a wonderful guy. Always with a friendly greeting.

After my wife Barbara took ill in 2007 and had to give up her I&E role, he always made sure to ask me how she was doing.

And this past Labor Day weekend in Rochester, he was so proud that his grandchildren were participating in the event, as helpers for the show staff. :smile:

Quite an I&E team up in Heaven now. Donna Ernst (who teamed with Dick on the I&E show for many, many years)... Barbara (who stepped in for the 2005 season after Donna passed away)... and now Dick.

May Mr. Pronti rest in peace... and my condolences to Peggy and the rest of the family.

This is a big loss for DCA and the marching music activity in general.

On behalf of all of my brothers and sisters in the Buccaneers family, I express our sadness at Dick's passing and gratitude for all his years of faithful service to our activity and our association. We will keep him, Peggy and their family in our prayers and thoughts. Thank you, Dick, for all you did for all of us.

Later today, DCA will release details, but I can confirm that Dick Pronti passed at around 6AM today.

Dick was a great friend over these past 40 years. Please pray for Peggy, his children and grandchildren - not something you want to happen on Christmas Eve...

Dick was chairman and founder of the DCA I&E/Mini Corps Contest. He was also a past DCA Judging Coordinator, member of the New York Federation of Contest Judges and a long time advisor to the Hawthorne Caballeros...

It was my priviledge to serve as Visual Caption Chief under him. He was a dear friend and he will be missed...

So sorry to hear of Dick's passing. He will be sorely missed. Sincere condolences to Peggy and the entire Pronti family, you are all in my prayers.

Godspeed Dick....

So sorry to hear this. Dick was one of the best. Had some great times with him on our many down state travels to judge Long Island shows for the field band conference. The laughs that we had I will always remember. I also loved the history that he departed upon me. He always had fine things to say about his Caballero family and enjoyed his time spent with them. Most recently, he talked fondly of the DCA I&E contest. You could tell that he really enjoyed that aspect of the activity. Call me crazy, but maybe the I&E trophy could be presented in his name.

RIP Dick. Job well done. Thank you for the great memories and the history lessons. I loved them all. To his family, everyone in drum corps is thinking of you!

Every time I get sent to the Island I will think fondly our our friend!

The Caballero Family has lost a great friend & mentor, Dick was as much a part of the Caballeros for the last 20 years as anyone who has worn a sombrero and bell bottoms.

I will miss my Monday morning briefings with Dick during the year, his help setting up logistics when the corps traveled to New York State and his help along with Peggy feeding the corps when we were in his back yard.

The Caballeros extend our deepest sympathy and condolences to Peggy and the Pronti Family.

RIP my Friend.