Dick Pronti Passes

So sad to read this. I bet him and Cozy are catching up on old times.

RIP sir. You were a great one.

Oh my heart is broken..........God Bless you Dick Pronti, you were always so good to my Caballero Family, the entire Drum Corps family............that Drum Corps in heaven sure is the best one ever!

God Bless you and your family, my prayers to Peggy and your whole family.........

Very sad day... RIP

RIP Dick...Darlene and I send our sincere condolences to Peggy, Robin,and family. We were friends from when I was in high school and he was a teacher there. He helped give me an education on life and did we have lots of fun along the way.I needed a trumpet to play in the dance band in school and he sold me his. We shared the same passion for drum corps. A part of my soul is gone, but I have so many memories and stories to last. It was great!

Steve Cooley

Wow, extremely sorry to hear this, RIP Dick

12/24/2011

Canandaigua, NY - It is with deep regret to share the news of the passing of Richard Pronti today.

Dick was a retired school teacher from Geneva NY. He began drum corps career in 1958 with the Shortsville Shamrocks. He’s performed with the Geneva Appleknockers (both Jr. and Sr.), Emerald Cadets of Rochester, the Syracuse Brigadiers, and the Suburban Knights of Buffalo. He has taught and arranged for numerous corps in New York.

Dick was a member for over 35 years and past president and visual chief judge of New York Federation of Contest Judges. He’s adjudicated many DCA Championships and was Chief Judge and judging coordinator of DCA from 1987 to 1991.

In addition, he has been a Show Consultant with the Hawthorne Caballeros for almost 20 years. When speaking to his long term partner, Peggy she shared stories of his love for the Cabs and DCA.

Dick was elected to the World Drum Corps Hall of Fame in 2005.

He founded the DCA I&E in 1988 and has been at the helm of the competition ever since.

DCA will sorely miss Dick Pronti. He was a true drum corps gentlemen.

Please check this topic Monday evening for more information regarding services.

Here is Dick being interviewed at the 2011 I&E's. YNN News

Edited by David Hobart

RIP Dick...we will miss you. Condolences to Peggy and Robin.

Donny Allen