Dick Pronti Passes

RIP Mr. Pronti. :sad:

I would like to add the Stork family to the long list of people whose lives Dick touched. From Appleknocker days to just last DCA I&E Joe, Robin and I were often the recipients of the kindness of this good man. May he rest in peace.

So sorry to hear this. Dick was one of the best. Had some great times with him on our many down state travels to judge Long Island shows for the field band conference. The laughs that we had I will always remember. I also loved the history that he departed upon me. He always had fine things to say about his Caballero family and enjoyed his time spent with them. Most recently, he talked fondly of the DCA I&E contest. You could tell that he really enjoyed that aspect of the activity. Call me crazy, but maybe the I&E trophy could be presented in his name.

RIP Dick. Job well done. Thank you for the great memories and the history lessons. I loved them all. To his family, everyone in drum corps is thinking of you!

Every time I get sent to the Island I will think fondly our our friend!

Dick insisted that the main trophy for the Mini Corps be named for Donna Ernst who he brought on board to run I&E for him for many years... I don't know what management will do for Dick, but certainly he would be against dropping Donna's name for his... perhaps it could be shared?

On behalf of myself and the DCA-South Corps, my sincerest condelences to Peggy and the the Pronti family on their loss. Dick, even when being ill over the last few years, was still out representing I&E.

He was a big supporter of the DCA-South Region and our corps', having been Chief Judge at a few of our shows, and has shown up at Corps rehearsals when in the area, giving support, especially to those that were just starting or struggling to stay afloat.

I have had my good and bad with Dick, as happens in this Environment, but even after we have had some strong opinionated discussions through the years,he would not hold grudges. Discussion, make his point .. agree or disagree with yours, then move on and buy you a drink!! Thats was Dick

Rest in Peace my friend.!

Peggy contacted me this AM and wanted to see if I knew anyone who wanted to take part in playing "Call of the Bulls" at Dick's Service.... If your interested email me at allengun@aol.com and I'll get you info. She wants anyone who is interested.

Peggy contacted me this AM and wanted to see if I knew anyone who wanted to take part in playing "Call of the Bulls" at Dick's Service.... If your interested email me at allengun@aol.com and I'll get you info. She wants anyone who is interested.

Many good candidates should be available locally... Henry Staab... Donny Allen, Tommy Allen and many others...

What are the arrangements? When?