Madison Scouts 2012

Show feels very ...uh "ADD" if I may be so bold to use that as an adjective. I probably just have to get used to it, but right now things just jump straight into one another and it seems rushed I suppose.

The last minute or so worked out extremely well though. I couldn't care less that they've done that move a thousand times. As a matter of fact I wish they did it every year haha.

I felt the same way. The show seemed a little disjointed & fragmented. Some of the transitions are lacking. The middle ballad section will be re-written drastically, in my opinion. Drum line is better, but they don't need to play so many notes constantly.

And for God sakes, add spats & some red to the uni!

• Like 4

Geez the drumline is much improved this year. Was there a lot of retention or did they get some followers of Beddis to mesh into the line?

Either way I'm digging it.

3 vets in the drumline.

Geez the drumline is much improved this year. Was there a lot of retention or did they get some followers of Beddis to mesh into the line?

Either way I'm digging it.

I believe there are only 3 returnees in the snare line (my son being one). The talent level seems a touch higher overall and Lee has been around alot!Kids are pumped!

sorry Bill-I missed your post but at least we are confirmatory!

Edited by Storkysr
  • Like 1

I totally realize it's just the end of week 1 and we've yet to have a show with everyone being judged by the same panel, BUT with all of the CRAP going on in the country, and around the world for that matter, there's just something about seeing the Scouts up where they are that just makes me feel.....better!

1. Carolina Crown - 75.000

2. Blue Devils - 74.750

3. The Cadets - 74.700

4. Bluecoats - 74.100

5. Phantom Regiment - 73.100

6. Madison Scouts - 71.800

7. Santa Clara Vanguard - 71.400

8. Spirit of Atlanta - 70.400

9. The Cavaliers - 69.800

10. Boston Crusaders - 68.750

11. Blue Stars - 66.000

12. Glassmen - 66.000

13. Blue Knights - 65.600

14. Troopers - 63.300

15. Crossmen - 62.400

16. Pacific Crest - 58.300

17. The Academy - 57.000

18. Mandarins - 55.550

19. Pioneer - 52.100

Same thing happened to us at the beginning of last season, but the staff is fantastic and I have a feeling things will work out.

• Like 1

In case anyone likes quality drum corps "B" roll, raw footage of Madison's 2nd dress rehearsal run-though. :thumbup:

And yes...in case you're asking...I'm looking for a gig as a drum corps or DCI videographer. :-)

I work cheap. And by cheap, I mean for a seat on the staff bus and a little corps swag.

And coffee. I need coffee.

Edited by HollywoodNeoCon
  • Like 1