Madison Scouts 2012

Scouts are really pushing this year. Right now they are sitting 7th in the spread rankings and have not only been scoring better than Cavies, but also creeping closer to Bluecoats head-to-head. Top 5 is not out of the question this season. Would do wonders for recruiting for the 75th anniversary season next year to possibly put them in contention.

Thank you Chris Komnck, Dann Peterson, Jim Mason and MEG staff for breathing life back into a proud and historic organization! :thumbup:

Guess i have to work alot harder than plannedtongue.gif

Guess i have to work alot harder than plannedtongue.gif

Regarding your question the other day on PM, check the website. All the info is there. Www.madisonscouts.org

This corps is doing amazing things right now they are currently the top all male corps out there, a feet no matter how early the season, is truly an awesome accomplishment so far. Keep it up guys your doing a lot of alumni very proud with your continued hard work and dedication. Its time to shake up that stale air that's been mustering in the top 6 for years and years.

Edited by Armyscout
  • Like 1

Madison's 75th anniversary is next year. I can't wait to see what they have in store for that!

But, this season is just beginning, and I just wanted to say that I had a friend at the show last night who LOVED this show. Said it was by far her favorite last night, and probably will be her favorite this year. I can't wait to see it on the Fan network Friday!

• Like 1

I agree with this, but also want us not to seem to slight the young men that marched in our corps during some turbulent times. The current corps and management is building upon their commitment to being a part of, and sustaining a long-standing brotherhood.

I absolutely know that is not BigBadMadMan's intent, but I want all of the men that have worn the superman suit to understand that they are ALL valued and appreciated by those of us who have been a part of this organization at one time.

We are all connected. MYNWA

This just brought the biggest smile to my face. BEAUTIFULLY said!

haha Thanks, guys (and gals)! 6 months since I bought the camera and started shooting. So yeah, as green as the gator in the pic above with the Scouts logo ^^^^^.

Just now starting to learn some tips and tricks. Editing helps, no doubt. :tongue:

If anyone wants a high quality copy of any of those, I'll be happy to e-mail them. Just let me know which one(s).

Shots as good as this with only six months experience with the camera? I can't wait to see what you do next year.

As one poster noted, you really tell a story with your photos, which of course is the point. You also do some interesting things with selective focus so I'm assuming you use a DSLR.

I've been taking photos at shows with mixed results for about fifteen years. My film days were disasters, mainly due to changing light conditions. Digital has made life easier in that regard, and of course Photoshop helps. Good luck and keep posting your photos.

Edited by Tim K

Shots as good as this with only six months experience with the camera? I can't wait to see what you do next year.

As one poster noted, you really tell a story with your photos, which of course is the point. You also do some interesting things with selective focus so I'm assuming you use a DSLR.

I've been taking photos at shows with mixed results for about fifteen years. My film days were disasters, mainly due to changing light conditions. Digital has made life easier in that regard, and of course Photoshop helps. Good luck and keep posting your photos.

Here, here! Six months in and you are taking shots that are as good or better than most

professional photographers I've seen! Keep it up brother!

And GO SCOUTS!!!

Thanks! Yes, DSLR cameras and lenses can correct a lot of mistakes. If it were film-based, I honestly wouldn't even attempt it. Too much that can go wrong and very time-consuming to learn. This is just me, my Canon t2i, 3 lenses (18-55 kit lens, 55-250 zoom, and a 50mm prime 1.8 lens), a polarizing filter, my MacBook Pro, and Adobe Lightroom. I edited/processed these all in about an hour. No photoshop work.

IMO, editing is where you can really get photos to "pop" (provided you're starting with a decent shot, of course). That's where I like to get creative. I guess I indirectly let the "heat" of the day come through in the pics, capturing the feel of what it was like to be there as well. Particularly in the pic of the Aussies/thermos and of the 3 tenors on the field. I trend toward an "edgier", more processed look anyway.

Appreciate the compliments! I was about 2 hours shy of spending 6 days pulling Boston out of a tough situation this week, and my camera definitely would have been along for the ride. Kinda bummed it didn't work out, but I'll be seeing at least one more show this summer and hopefully Finals as well, so I plan to take plenty more pics!

• Like 1

I agree with this, but also want us not to seem to slight the young men that marched in our corps during some turbulent times. The current corps and management is building upon their commitment to being a part of, and sustaining a long-standing brotherhood.

I absolutely know that is not BigBadMadMan's intent, but I want all of the men that have worn the superman suit to understand that they are ALL valued and appreciated by those of us who have been a part of this organization at one time.

We are all connected. MYNWA

There's no better cure for those of us that marched in those times than to see how quickly the corps has recovered. I'll never forget the sheer pride I felt sitting in the cheap (free; thanks DCI) seats during the 2010 finals as the Scouts marched onto the field.

• Like 2