Madison Scouts 2012

didnt we hear this before?....

Yes, Guardling, we have heard this before. And guess what, it's been true every time it's been said. Yes, even last year despite the fact that they didn't move up a place. The truth is, last year was a more competitive year than 2010 so to come out in 10th place actually showed improvement from the year before.

If you don't agree with me, check out the liner notes on the DCI CDs. Even THEY noticed...and I quote...

"Boston Crusaders blasted into the top 8 and Blue Knights surpassed the Madison Scouts; a vastly improved Scouts showing how tough the competition was by maintaining their 2010 position."

Not my words. DCI's words.

Madison HAS been improving every year since the staff change over and I see no reason to doubt that they will improve even more in 2012. YOU SHOULDN'T EITHER. Especially after having upgrading their staff even further by intercepting both Carolina Crown's visual and percussion staff. ESPECIALLY percussion...as they placed 13th last year and were what single handely held them out of placing in the single digits.

So stop downplaying.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 6

Yes, Guardling, we have heard this before. And guess what, it's been true every time it's been said. Yes, even last year despite the fact that they didn't move up a place. The truth is, last year was a more competitive year than 2010 so to come out in 10th place actually showed improvement from the year before.

If you don't agree with me, check out the liner notes on the DCI CDs. Even THEY noticed...and I quote...

"Boston Crusaders blasted into the top 8 and Blue Knights surpassed the Madison Scouts; a vastly improved Scouts showing how tough the competition was by maintaining their 2010 position."

Not my words. DCI's words. So stop downplaying.

noone is downplaying....No one lives up to hype...relax........i was being supportive if you can read....no need to say were gonna do this or that..just do it.........like other top corps , they have no need for the hype thats all im saying ............Good Luck 2012 Scouts

• Like 3

noone is downplaying....No one lives up to hype...relax........i was being supportive if you can read....no need to say were gonna do this or that..just do it.........like other top corps , they have no need for the hype thats all im saying ............Good Luck 2012 Scouts

Yellowpants was simply giving a camp report and excited about it. Call it "hype" if you want, I enjoyed reading it and then you come in and yes...."downplayed it" by making your snide "haven't we heard this before" comment. I thought it was negative and uncalled for and anything BUT supportive. Oh sure, your next sentence was. But the first sentence negates the second sentence. Just stop.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 6

Yellowpants was simply giving a camp report and excited about it. Call it "hype" if you want, I enjoyed reading it and then you come in and yes...."downplayed it" by making your snide "haven't we heard this before" comment. I thought it was negative and uncalled for and anything BUT supportive. Oh sure, your next sentence was. But the first sentence negates the second sentence. Just stop.

:thumbup::sigh:

good luck to a few of my students and my friends on staff :winky:

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

:thumbup::sigh:

BTW, a look at your posting history shows you to not be much of a Scouts fan. Some of it is subtle....but obvious. And you know what? That's perfectly ok. You don't have to be. But, you might want to just avoid threads like this if you aren't because people who are excited about Scouts are going to post about how much they like them. So don't read em. Ignore em.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 5

BTW, a look at your posting history shows you to not be much of a Scouts fan. Some of it is subtle....but obvious. And you know what? That's perfectly ok. You don't have to be. But, you might want to just avoid threads like this if you aren't because people who are excited about Scouts are going to post about how much they like them. So don't read em. Ignore em.

oh ok...thanks....dont know what you read BUT if I was disrepectful.....to them ....I'm sorry..I dont think I ever was .....wanting to keep it real...yes...just like other corps in the top get

Scouts have every right to be excited as do others....its just awful though when someone and its usually not someone from a corps hypes that corps then in june people are like WTF..............Good Luck Scouts

PS..I happen to be very much a Scout fan for many years..not always a fan of the fans of some corps though...................just sayin

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 3

its just awful though when someone and its usually not someone from a corps hypes that corps then in june people are like WTF..............

And again I ask, when has that ever happened since 09? The corps has improved every year. And actually if you want to talk about "JUNE", they were only 3 points from Crown in June. I disagree that they haven't lived up to the hype. I think they've lived up to it quite nicely. 5 placement jump in 2010. Held steady with a stronger year for drum corps as a whole in 2011 spending the first half of the year in the top 8.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 3

youre very much entitled :smile:

LOL! You didn't answer my question. "When has that ever happened since 2009"...meaning when has Madison showed up in June with everyone being underwhelmed, dissapointed and let down having not lived up to the expectation? When has that ever happened? Honest question?

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 5

LOL! You didn't answer my question. "When has that ever happened"...meaning when has Madison showed up in June with everyone being dissapointed and let down having not lived up to the expectation? What has that ever happened? Honest question?

personal corps threads is not the place to start a discussion like that,..there are plenty of threads through the season were EVERYONE on DCP becomes the expert and rips apart all the top shows..Im sure as there has been in the past a thread that will critique Scouts as well as others as there always is. My God look at what BD and Cadets take...well guess it hasnt hurt them..lol

• Like 1