Madison Scouts 2012

personal corps threads is not the place to start a discussion like that,..there are plenty of threads through the season were EVERYONE on DCP becomes the expert and rips apart all the top shows..Im sure as there has been in the past a thread that will critique Scouts as well as others as there always is. My God look at what BD and Cadets take...well guess it hasnt hurt them..lol

:lol: Nice dodge.

• Like 5

LOL! You didn't answer my question. "When has that ever happened"...meaning when has Madison showed up in June with everyone being underwhelmed, dissapointed and let down having not lived up to the expectation? When has that ever happened? Honest question?

POW!

• Like 2

I'm jumping into this heated discussion to remind all of you that the IndieGoGo Campaign for the feature length documentary film about the Madison Scouts is finishing on Sunday evening, January 22nd (tomorrow). Contributions of any size are welcome and we are offering some great perks.

One of the really unique things about our film is our commitment to capturing the actual experience of seeing the Scouts live, with a big emphasis on the quality of the sound recordings of the corps. I have been able to bring my expertise as a sound professional at a Northern California post production facility to the project and the results have been incredible so far. Our 5.1 sound tests have raised the bar when it comes to the recordings of live drum corps.

We've already started the filming for the 2012 season at auditions and the initial winter camps, and will continue through the 2012 summer tour, culminating at DCI Finals in Indianapolis. We're going to focus on the unique brotherhood that exists within the Scouts and unites all of members (young and old) for life.

It's a great project and will be an excellent vehicle for spreading the word on the Scouts and all of the things that they do to shape young men's lives. It would mean a lot if you would consider a donation to the film and post the above links on your social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter), as well as tell other drum corps fans about the movie.

Check out our Facebook presence here: "Scouts Honor: Inside a Marching Brotherhood"

• Like 1

I saw that you had written about since 09 in an earlier post and then you later wrote, ever.

I just used your words... "When has it ever happened." Ever is pretty broad, I suppose.

"Ever" is pretty broad outside of context. "Ever SINCE....." was what was implied by the context of my point...i,e., "EVER SINCE 2009"....and you knew that (and so did everyone else). So "POW" has no relevance to the discussion. But whatever,,,

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 2

"Ever" is pretty broad outside of context. "Ever SINCE....." was what was implied by the context of my point...i,e., "EVER SINCE 2009"....and you knew that (and so did everyone else). So "POW" has no relevance to the discussion. But whatever,,,

I knew no such thing. You did not write ever since 09. I read what you wrote, not what you implied. It's not like I'm Kreskin or anything... so yeah... whatever.

In the context of your words, "ever", POW! has relevance.

• Like 2

I knew no such thing. You did not write ever since 09. I read what you wrote, not what you implied. It's not like I'm Kreskin or anything... so yeah... whatever.

In the context of your words, "ever", POW! has relevance.

You said yourself that you saw where I said "after 2009". So which is it?

• Like 2

Ummmmmm... I chose the literal word ever. You did not qualify your later posting. You wrote that it was implied. I read no such implication.

You wrote...

I saw that you had written about since 09 in an earlier post and then you later wrote, ever.

...did you not?

I'm sure your answer is "yes". SO, why would any logical person think that what I wrote in my "earlier" post would not have applied to what I wrote in my "later" post?

Come on man....:doh:

You are trying to make a case that my use of the word "ever" in my "later" post would not have been applied as "ever SINCE 2009" in my earlier post and that is just silly. Read the CONTEXT of the whole DISCUSSION.

Edited by stevedb1975
  • Like 2