Madison Scouts 2012

I have to think that having Mr. Beddis on board in 2012 is not going to be a bummer. The additions of Mr. Beddis and Mr. Shaw IMO are going to give The Madison Scouts a good chance in 2012. Keep moving up the ladder and keep the fans smiling. GO MADISON SCOUTS!

Beddis is definitely a move in the right direction, but I would look for 2-3 year build up of talent to make the line much more competitive. I remember thinking when Aungst and Larivee came to Blue Stars they would be a top 5 line the next year, and while it was a move in the right direction and the line has improved drastically, it hasn't unfortunately translated into a boom of competitive success. The top 7-8 lines are just so ridiculously good that pushing past them competitively is a HUGE challenge no matter how much you improve. Can't wait to hear his book for Scouts .

Beddis is definitely a move in the right direction, but I would look for 2-3 year build up of talent to make the line much more competitive. I remember thinking when Aungst and Larivee came to Blue Stars they would be a top 5 line the next year, and while it was a move in the right direction and the line has improved drastically, it hasn't unfortunately translated into a boom of competitive success. The top 7-8 lines are just so ridiculously good that pushing past them competitively is a HUGE challenge no matter how much you improve. Can't wait to hear his book for Scouts .

I agree with most of what you say, however, I think Lee will also have some Crown kids that will want to move with him. Maybe not, but usually happens.

I agree with most of what you say, however, I think Lee will also have some Crown kids that will want to move with him. Maybe not, but usually happens.

well that would be sweet lol, can anyone confirm this possibility?

I would respectfully disagree with this. This isn't like a kid going from Boston to Blue Stars or Phantom to SCV. One could argue that these corps have similar cultures in many ways. That is not the case with Crown and Madison. Madison is a very old, traditional, in your face drum corps with (let's just put it out there, ALL GUYS). :) Crown, on the other hand, is Crown. The only two thing these two corps have in common is their lack of sleeves. I would be very surprised if more than one or two kids went from Crown to Madison, and it has nothing to do with competitive placement, imo. Completely different cultures....in any case, Bozzley makes a good point. The current 6th-13th place corps are so fiercely competitive these days that it is a mistake to assume a particular staff person (even a caption head) can enable a corps to suddenly leap frog everyone else. This is not your father's DCI.

The current 6th-13th place corps are so fiercely competitive these days that it is a mistake to assume a particular staff person (even a caption head) can enable a corps to suddenly leap frog everyone else. This is not your father's DCI.

Uhhh...newsflash. Madison is IN that 6th-13th place grouping. Right smack dab in the middle of it. What? Are they not going to "leap frog" THEMSELVES? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Uhhh...newsflash. Madison is IN that 6th-13th place grouping. Right smack dab in the middle of it. What? Are they not going to "leap frog" THEMSELVES? :rolleyes:

Whoa there, tiger....I know full well what Madison's placement was last summer. I was just talking about how many corps are bunched together these days. Chillax.

• Like 1

Camp this weekend. I am looking forward to some updates. Go Scouts!

• Like 1